A Mess of Stargazers

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Here's a bunch in the ground. Walmart had them earlier in spring, 15 large bulbs for $5.

Thumbnail by darius

I even have some in a pot on the upper bedroom deck.

Thumbnail by darius
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Dang! That IS a whole mess of flowers, and that must be the deal of the century to boot! Good for you!

Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

Gee Darius, that was a great deal! Bet that deck smells good with lilies and brugs, which one is bloomin?

Vi, just the common brug, Frosty Pink. I have 2 more brugs, 1 with with buds and have no idea what they might turn out to be. The bud-less one is variegated.

Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

I kinda wish I had Frosty, as much as they trash it, it sounds like it's one of the best bloomers and scents. Sometimes the newer ones aren't all that special ;>}

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

great deal on the stargazers! they look a bit shorter than they will be next year, but that is the wonderful thing about liliums. you can buy the smaller bulbs at good prices and in a year or two you have big, beautiful lilies. not that they arn't beautiful the first year too. ;-)

East Greenbush, NY

Hi Darius, where did you find such a great deal? jeani4

jeani4, in the first post on this thread I said I got them at Walmart.

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

Hello Jeani4!

I don't believe we have met yet. Welcome to to DG. You will find many folks here who are kind and very helpful... I am still fairly new to DG myself... but am learning so much... I am fairly new at gardening... just started last year... Most folks here don't mind answering questions... Best of Luck to ya!!

Starr

East Greenbush, NY

Hi Starr, jeani4 here, I'm new to Dave Garden..just joined about a month ago. Yes, I agree people here are extremely helpful and I, too, am learning so much! Love this site. happy gardening. jean

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.