First peaches ever!

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

I justy found that one of our 'inherited' trees had ripe peaches on it!!
They're delicious ones with white flesh, though they are smaller than any I've seen before - more the size of a plum.
Is this due to lack of feed or water, or just the variety?
It's a small standard tree - about 6-7'

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

Most probably the variety. Another possibilty is overcrowding (too many peaches on the tree) Water and fertilization is a possibilty but in most soils not a predominant one.

Thanks Farmerdill. They're so delicious the size doesn't matter - though next year perhaps Ill try thinning them at an early stage. I didn't realise they would be ripe so early in the year

Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

Yummy!!! Make some peach cobbler!

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

White peaches are a real treat here! Enjoy them, and take good care of them. If I ever get over my fear of flying I now know which month to come visit you! Peach-month!

LOLOL Shoe
We only have the one baby tree, so they're all being eaten fresh off the tree Crimson, but I'll do that another year - sounds good. Do you have a recipe or I'll look for one in the recipe forum?

Shoe, when you say "take good care of them" do you have any tips please? - oh, bearing in mind organic principles...

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

I don't do much to my peach trees, philo. However, this year I'm seeing evidence of plum curculio so wish I had sprayed a dormant oil earlier. Keep an eye out for bugs this year (in the fruit, on/in the stems/trunks of trees) and it'll alert you to what you may want to do during the dormant season.

Meanwhile, pig out! Eat dem peaches!

Yes, major YUM. Nearly all gone now :(

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.