blue dawn help

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

i got a cutting from a wonderful person and its growing beyond its trellis but the problem is::

it hasnt bloomed at all. not one flower. what can i do to make it flower??

i give all my flowers m. grow. i would love to see it flower.

Ventura, United States(Zone 10b)

Fertilizer will promote growth at the expense of flowers. I would stop fertilizing it all together. This is an aggressive and invasive vine that does not need help growing! I had to tear mine out because I could no longer control it.

Thumbnail by Clare_CA
Birmingham, AL(Zone 8a)

Now wait, you can grow MG's from cuttings????? Whoa! Don't throw away those prunings! I've been looking for one of these to plant on my back fence (and torture the neighbors) for a very long time!

Birmingham, AL(Zone 8a)

BTW imzadi I have Grandpa Ott's seedlings popping up everywhere if you want to try them - great color and not as huge as blue dawn. Its an heirloom that reseeds like mad.

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

delphiniumdiva, this one roots from runners and you can start it in water or just lay a vining piece in soil, and it takes root :) That is the beauty of this one!!!

Birmingham, AL(Zone 8a)

Tres cool! Thanks Ohio! I am trying to root my Hatsu A. after rabbits chewed off the stem - its still alive after 2 weeks but can't say much more.

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

I am not sure that Hatsu will root that way, but good luck to you!!! You never know until you try it. I would happily share a plant with you but only 1 vine growing in my 5 gallon pot!!

Birmingham, AL(Zone 8a)

Thanks Ohio. I'm going to try and find some seeds and start some - season is so long here I think I have time.

Ventura, United States(Zone 10b)

Delphinium, annuals are usually grown from seed, while perennials are propagated by cuttings. Ipomoea indica, a perennial Morning Glory, hardly ever makes seeds, but it is propagated easily from cuttings and, as Ohio said, from the runners which root on the ground wherever the ground is moist.

This is one that I had to tear out because I couldn't keep up with the long runners that it would send out.

Thumbnail by Clare_CA

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.