Still looking for an id on this one.....

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Still hoping it's Coral Sunset.

Thumbnail by langbr
Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Wow! What rich color! It's beautiful no matter the name...

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

It's my new "favorite" flower right now --- I just don't know what to call it! :-*(

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

Looks a little like Cacun..Maybe not enough yellow tho..

Larkie

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

langbr, I've sent you an e-mail in hope that it will help with your identification. What a beauty!

Wynantskill, NY(Zone 5a)

What a gorgeous plant!!! I love it.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

LGW - If I ever figure out what it is I'll let you know. I'm kind of thinking 'Royal Sunset' right now.

http://www.plantlilies.com/images/photo/152a.jpg

Brenda

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

WOW!!! Where did you get that?????

Golden, CO(Zone 5b)

Forgive a total amateur butting in here, but I just found one on Jackson and Perkins that looks very much like this only they call it Coral Sunrise?

It's close enough I'm buying it anyway!

http://www.jacksonandperkins.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prmenbr=201&category_sel=330&prrfnbr=70719

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Mark - I have NO idea! It was new this year so I obviously planted it last fall. Clueless and kickin' myself!

Terre - That was one of my early contenders, but I ruled it out. Mine is much redder and the yellow is just a "patch" really on mine.

I found another "possible" ID tonight.....'Soiree'. What do you all think?

http://www.plantlilies.com/images/photo/288a.jpg

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

who did you buy it from? perhaps they are selling the same lily again this year.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Debi - no idea! Seriously, this started coming up on the edge of my daylily bed and I'm thinking, "How did this get here?" At first I thought they were a hyacinth or something coming up late. Then after a while I knew it was a lily but had no clue where it came from or what it was. It was kind of exciting waiting to see what it looked like. I was just tickled with it when it bloomed.

I also had orange tigers come up in the same general area. But I sure don't remember planting those either! I'm thinking maybe I scattered bulbils on those or something!

Thanks for looking!

Golden, CO(Zone 5b)

All right would you quit already? Now I have to buy that one too!

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Hey Terre I was going over some bulbs orders I placed last night for tulips, crocus etc. and discovered I too ordered Coral Sunset. I think I did so to see if it blooms similar to my pic hoping I might be able to get a positive ID.

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

brenda, just a thought on those lilies you don't remember. did someone send you along some bulbs in a trade? i know i have done that with folks, and them with me. but then of course my memory is notorious. my girlfriend says she likes it that way, because she can tell me a story again and again and i don't remember, so it is like telling me for the first time and i react the same way everytime. :-D she's a hoot. i get to hear a good story again, well i don't remember that it is again. LOL ;-)
debi

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Nope, Debi, not a trade as I know I've only traded seeds & plants since being on DG the last year. I bought bulbs I'm sure at Home Depot or WalMart or something like that as I have no record of an order for anything like these. The only thing that gets me is that I didn't WRITE down in my logbook when I planted them.

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

yep, the ol' i'll write it down later.............

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

Brenda,

Send this photo to me privately & I'll send it to the MRLS list. Know that I've seen this in gardens this past summer.
Ginny

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Oh Ginny!! Thank you!!! I had thought Coral Sunset for a while, but I'm not so sure. I did order a Coral Sunset bulb this fall so I could do a comparison. I've also considered Royal Sunset and Corrida for this one.

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Here's a pic of Coral Sunset from the Blooming Bulb site....................I like yours better, less yellow more pink/magenta

Thumbnail by RikerBear
Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Beautiful! That flower positively glows!

I'm gonna watch this thread until you all figure out what it's name is. Then it's going on my shopping list.

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

Brenda,

Check out this link and tell me what you think. 'Sweet Kiss'

http://www.plantlilies.com/shop/enter.html

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Sue - that sure looks like a strong contender!!! May need to order that one to do a comparison.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Darn ~ thought I had one for you, but it's a LA.

I thought it might be in the running! Had two windows open comparing them and they looked like twins to me. This is on my list to order along with a few others.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Are you ordering from PlantLilies in Canada?

Yep! So far it is a somewhat controlled order, but to make the phyto reasonable.........

Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

That is the most beautiful lily I have ever seen.

Ohh ohh..look over there lang- something is eating your other lilies!

*steals lily- runs away laughing wickedly* Buhahaha

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

you might check out all the lilies in ebay with pictures, you just might find one just like it

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

I hope there are no lily beetles in Kansas. Nor weevils, nor bunnies, nor japanese beetles nor?????

What else eats them??
Inanda who thinks Brenda will have to grow Sweet Kiss side by side with her unknown. That is what I do - far too often unfortunately. I have over 20 orphans at the moment.

Rats.
Inaanda

Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

Kare- no no.. Ebay BAD! bad bad bad! LOL Now I gotta go look. :-( hehe.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Crims - you get away from that lily!! I'm hoping that one increases like CRAZY this spring.

Ginny - I did order Sweet Kiss....so time will tell I hope.

Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

Hehe- places the.. "lily" back. Buhahhaa

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

That's a good Crims...

So Brenda, (snickering) just how many side-by-sides are you doing with that little lily? Awfully big-hearted of you to do that just to satisfy our curiosity. ;)

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

does this look like it, it is called Black Jack

Thumbnail by kareoke
Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

omg KARE- bad kare bad!
So pretty it doesnt look real.
"drools"

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Nope, not it....

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

crimson STOP LOOKING *S*
in the actual picture there is more orange than shows here.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Believe me, we ALL want to know! I hope Brenda is going to chip that thing one day.....

Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

Hehehe- I'm twitching here. :-))

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.