Want some?

Bethelridge, KY(Zone 6a)

Picking this many every other day, way too many to use, giving most away. Guess I planted way too many.

Thumbnail by Big_Red
Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Red I think thats a common thing I plant to much of everything just to share it with friends. We do love it fresh but there is a limit to what two people can use lol. Ernie

Bethelridge, KY(Zone 6a)

Ernie, I'm hearing ya! You would think the prices would come down this time of year..... in Krogers yesterday they were charging 50 cents each for cukes and I'm having a hard time giving them away! Next year I'm thinking of joining a farmer's market, growing a little more with hopes to supplement my retirement income.

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Red interesting thought about the prices. Most of the crudola the big stores carry around here is trucked in I guess thats why the prices stay high. Still irks me that the farmer gets the smallest slice of pie.

Lots of work to farmers markets a friend of mine did it and sold to organic stores lots of long days but he did get good prices for his stuff. Ernie

Southwestern, OH(Zone 6b)

Big Red, you might go into your local grocery store and ask if they're interested in buying any of your surplus. Our local grocery buys excess from gardens all the time. Usually the stuff that they put out with signs that say "locally grown" flys off the shelves.

Worth a try.

Melissa

Bethelridge, KY(Zone 6a)

Thanks Melissa.

Southwestern, OH(Zone 6b)

You're welcome Red... I'd have not had any green beans last year were it not for gardeners (who don't have deer eating their green beans) selling their excess.... Unfortunately, I'm hoping there will be folks sharing this year too!

Bethelridge, KY(Zone 6a)

Sorry to hear that, I lost a few plants to rabbits and declared war! No problems lately and we should have a bumper crop of beans. :o)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.