THANKS SOOOO MUCH!

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

I just *had* to stop by and say a big THANK YOU to everyone who leaves messages, asks questions *and* answers them!

Because of your willingness to share your experience and experiences with all everyone, I've been inspired to *try* some new things. Best part?? They WORKED! :-D

I've got trays of sucessful cuttings from my coleus purchases, perennial seedlings that are growing quite contentedly in containers waiting for early fall to move into semi-permanent homes in my garden, AND (and THIS is what is fascinating!) experimental - for me - seed starting techniques that are blowing me away.

Late yesterday afternoon I dumped half a pack of Morning glory seeds into a small jar of water. I figured I might as well see if they would *have* grown had I gotten them into a flower bed earlier in the year. This morning when I went out to check on my 'babies'...to my *total* shock...they had already produced those neat little "tails" I'd been reading about here at DG!

Needless to say they were immediately moved into seed starting flats...just to see if I can *keep* them alive, of course. I certainly don't expect anything from them this late in the season.

Anyway, had it not been for finding DG and all you wonderful people, I'd be just "wishing" for stuff instead of *DOING* it! (Hey, I'm nearly 59 years old...and *this* (creating new stuff for myself) is new to me. I can't wait to get started for *next* spring! :-D :-D

THANK YOU, people!

~julie~

Mount Hermon, LA(Zone 8b)

Same here, Julie. Isn't it wonderful to be able to talk to real gardeners who love gardening and are so willing to help others?

If I hadn't been so encouraged by the things I've read and learned here, I'd probably still be thumbing through seed catalogs.

And welcome to Dave's Garden! Glad you're here!

Jean

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Don't be so quick to dismiss those MG seedlings Julie. You go right ahead and plant them out once they get a few leaves on them....MG grow pretty darn fast so you may just have some blooming vines before frost.

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

This definitely is the place for getting information and meeting nice friends on the way.

Marc, I have some Iris for you - my neighbor dug them up and I told her to save them. They are a mix of the purples and chocolates. My neighbor across the street (who is on vacation right now) also has some to share. They are purple flowered, but have varigated leaves. Wasn't real sure what you were wanting, but please let me know - there is alot of iris around here.

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Girl I'll take any and all colors. Your awesome to have remembered me request :-)
Email me and we'll work out postage and compensation :-)

(sorry for the hijack Julie ) hehehehehe

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

Hey Marc...I think I've done the "hijack" thingy to you so be my guest! ;-)

Oh! Those MG are doing FANTASTIC!! I'm so proud of myself. I've even potted up some coleus and pelargonium that have beautiful root systems on them!

(Now...if someone could just tell me how to save cuttings from million bells ... ~sigh~ )

Thanks for the reply Karrie20x....and if Marc doesn't want those Iris, I'm available. :-D

~julie~

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.