tomato harvest

Clanton, AL(Zone 8a)

Hello all, i have been harvesting my tomatoes regularly lately. So far in the past 10 days or so, i have put up about 26 quarts of tomatoes. I still have two baskets to put up in the morning. That should be about 6 more quarts. Then i need to check the tomatos again to see what else needs picking. I am freezing them this year. I havent had time to deal with the canner so far nor the energy to work with it either. The picture here is of my tomatoes before they were ready to harvest.
How are your veggie gardens doing so far this year? Robbie

Thumbnail by bagby039
Bethelridge, KY(Zone 6a)

My best garden ever! We do mostly canning except for yellow summer squash which we're trying frozen this year, 6 quarts so far; 32 pints zuchinni relish; 16 pints beet greens; 12 pints sliced beets, still loads more to can; 10 pints of bread & butter pickles; snap beans will be ready to can tomorrow or the next day; corn in 2 or 3 days; eating lots of fresh tomatoes but not enough to can yet; I'm already digging potatoes big enough to bake, going to have enough to feed half of KY :o).......broccolli and cabbage only got as far as the table, not enough to preserve; We're being over-run with cucumbers and summer squash, can't eat or give them away fast enough!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.