Pictures of my 2004 garden

Bethelridge, KY(Zone 6a)

From left to right; Blue Lake pole beans, California Wonder peppers, Old Virginia & Santa Clara Canner tomatoes and Sugar Baby sweet corn.

Thumbnail by Big_Red
Bethelridge, KY(Zone 6a)

Another shot from left to right; Straight Eight cukes & Sugar Baby watermellon on far left, various tomatoes, Jacob's Cattle beans, various tomatoes, Jacob's Cattle beans and back to Blue Lake Pole beans. The 3 poles standing alone on the right side of the picture are of Cousin Oliver's Rattlesnake beans.

Thumbnail by Big_Red
Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

looks great. do they have any deer in ky. seems your garden is right off the forest.

Mount Hermon, LA(Zone 8b)

I was hopping around yesterday because I found THREE ears of corn in my 3'x3' raised-bed that I had planted (never grew any vegetables before) and two skinny bean stalks.

Looking at Big_Red's pictures, I feel like an idiot -- he's really growing corn!!! And beans, and bumper crops of everything.

Wow, what a beautiful, healthy-looking garden. Now THAT'S one to be proud of! Nice job!

Bethelridge, KY(Zone 6a)

Herbie43, I have seen tracks of a doe and her fawn just behind my garden but so far, knock wood, they've stayed out of my garden. Only had a slight problem with rabbits and I seem to have cured that!

SweetPea, thanks! And I quess I have been known to brag on it just a bit! ;o)

Payneville, KY(Zone 7a)

Herbie, you are funny. Do they have any deer in KY? I think they are all in Kentucky!!! We have been using a product called Neptune's Harvest and the deer do not like it much. It is funny to see the crows looking for the fish though :)

Pembroke Pines, FL(Zone 10a)

BIG_RED Really enjoy watching your garden grow. If not to much bother, please keep showing as it progresses? Makes me feel like I'm there. This is my down season here!(Too hot)

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Beautiful garden. I would kill for that kind of space. I do not know what I would do with all the produce but would love to find out.

Bethelridge, KY(Zone 6a)

Tplant, I'll keep taking pictures as I am keeping a garden journal this year (for the first time).

frogrus, I kind of over did it, this is my biggest yet. I've been busy trying to keep up with it but it's doing great, and I'm lovin' every minute of it! I've only been fishing twice this spring/summer and I'm a man who loves to fish! :o)

Castro Valley, CA(Zone 9a)

Big_Red, WOW, I wish I could grow vegetables like that. Unbelievable!!! Here in Northern Ca, I just don't have that kind of space, and I wonder how much space my son's watermelon will take, think I will hang them from stockings or something from the fence, LOL., thanks for sharing.

Bethelridge, KY(Zone 6a)

hanna1, I made the same mistake with my melons. I planted them 5 feet from other rows, still not nearly enough! I also planted cucumbers in the same row and now I've got watermelons growing in my cucumbers and cucumbers growing in my watermelons! Sure is hard to find them cukes!

Big_Red, I'm laughing so hard I can hardly contain myself. my son just came in to see why I was laughing so much, after reading your note, he's off doing the same, he's 11yrs, God, I love Dave's Garden, it really gives me much pleasure, I wish I knew of it a long time ago.

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10b)

My 10 year old daughter picked up a couple of watermelons while I was getting stuff we NEEDED and they are getting ready to attack one of our corn/sunflower/onion beds. For perspective- that bed where they are is 3x5. There is 6 feet to the next bed that they are getting ready to conquer.

Needless to say- I never grew watermelons before LOL!!!

Thumbnail by daisyavenue

Oh noooo, maybe I can trim mine, If I get only 1 melon I'll be happy, I have it in my raised flower bed where it's very crowded, only has about 4ft by 4ft, LOL

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Excellent garden, Big Red! Luv it!

Hope to hear a report on the Santa Clara maters when you harvest...have never grown those.

Also, we picked two pounds of Rattlesnake beans the other day for supper. Delicious! (Think I got the seed from Pinetree but not sure right now.)

Bethelridge, KY(Zone 6a)

Thanks Shoe! I'll let you know how the Santa Clara's do in the taste test! My rattlesnake beans are just for seed this year, next year I'll raise enough to eat. I'll be picking Blue Lake pole beans for supper tomorrow if it doesn't rain.

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Big Red...our gardens are the best "reality show" that's ever been, eh? Trials, tribulations, failures, successes...and we're always a winner! τΏτ

Bethelridge, KY(Zone 6a)

Shoe, you got that right!

Ukiah, CA

wow...........that is some gorgeous garden. great work and lots of it too!

Enjoy!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.