Clerodendrum cutting-help!

Birmingham, AL(Zone 8a)

I have here a clerodendrum cutting from a neighbor. I soaked it all night and cut off the flower. What now? I want one of these desperately!

Thumbnail by delphiniumdiva
Saucier, MS(Zone 8b)

Diva,

I use Root-Tone & place cutting is damp, with almost all my cutting. Works great for me.

Honeybee~Bonnie

Woodville, TX(Zone 8a)

Delphinium just came across this thread. Have you checked around your neighbors shrub? My experience with clerodendrum is that they sucker quite easily. That is how we trade it out around here. Of course it is not the exact kind as that. Mine has a red top and there are always little suckers coming out that I dig and pot for friends. Might not hurt to check it out. I traded with someone for two other kinds and that is how they got their trades for me.

Birmingham, AL(Zone 8a)

I finally traded for one from Fmclutz - thank goodness! The neighbor with this tree is a fanatical lawn nazi and would never allow a sucker on anything! Strange how some people view suckers as a problem instead of a resource!

Woodville, TX(Zone 8a)

Glad you got one. I really like all the cleros. They are so easy and really pretty. The hummingbirds and butterflies really flock to them. Jenny

Mount Hermon, LA(Zone 8b)

I'm glad I'm not the ONLY one with a 'Lawn Nazi' for a neighbor! LOL. This guy mows his lawn even in the rain!

Birmingham, AL(Zone 8a)

Didn't his mommy teach him not to play with power tools in the rain? Maybe he'll get zapped and a nice person with 600 named daylilies will move in next door...well, one can always dream! :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.