Looking for Sunflower seeds

Mount Prospect, IL(Zone 5a)

I had some stupid bird last spring, must've been a woodpecker type, and it was drilling holes in the house. It would dig its feet into the wood and drill away! Finally I collected a few of those cd discs that come in the mail and suspended a few from the gutters near the drilling site. They sway and spin around and the sun glances off of them, and it did work. I t didn't return this year, thank heavens!

Santiago, Chile(Zone 9b)

At least woodpeckers are cute LOL.

Look at this bird http://www.gochile.cl/spa/guide/ChileFloraFauna/Birds.asp?SPID=TURDFALC

Not even pretty LOL and measures a little over 10".

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Ursula, if you haven't found enough sunflower seeds, email me - I can send you some different kinds, including lemon ice - a really pretty variety.

Santiago, Chile(Zone 9b)

Kay, that's very sweet of you, but after sowing hundreds of seeds at my friend Pipe's house, only some 10 made it all the way through because of slugs, snails and 'tijeretas'. On the other hand, Pipe is looking for a house (wants to buy this time) and will probably move to his new home around the time they should be sowed (August in our case). Anyway, is saved some of each of the many kinds of sunflower seeds I was sent, so thanks, but I don't think I need more. (I live in an apartment, that's why I have to sow sunflowers in a friend's garden).

If there are any seeds on my list on top of this thread you would like to have, please send me a private DG mail and I will be glad to check if I still have some.

Ursula

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.