GREAT FORUM! Glad I found it!

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

I didn't even know this forum was here. Just stumbled on it, and am so glad. Should help me alot, as I'm new to seed saving, and rather than learn the hard way and totally flub up, can ask experienced seed savers the proper methods, and look at already established threads regarding plants that I have. Will have to remember this one! :)

Franklin, NC(Zone 7a)

Me, too. I have always been a garden-looker. Now that we can do some gardening of our own, I realize these things don't just come up in the spring and look pretty. There is so much to this gift of gardening. I am really loving all the pictures and how-to's, successes and troubles, etc.

Now, our landscapers placed some Hemerocallis 'Stella de ora' along our driveway. The are so thick and had beautiful yellow flowers this spring. I just pulled a few brown seed pods and have lots of green ones. First, what do I need to do for the lilies now? Are they going to bloom some more and do I need to do anything to make this happen? The seeds that I removed - now that I have them, what do I do with them. Anybody want some? I am such a novice, I sometimes don't have a clue! HeHe. But I really do want to learn. We have so many things to take care of - shrubs, trees, wild flowers, and so on and so on. It probably would take a great deal of time to read all the instructions. I'm overwhelmed. I love to work outside, so as long as I have the energy, strength and desire, I want to have a good time.
Any comments or encouragement will be appreciated.

Karrie20x - I see you in lots of forums and your pictures of your gardens are so beautiful. Thank you for sharing. I'm not new (Aug 03), but have just gotten brave enough to post. I love DG and The Gathering Place. I'm still trying to remember who everybody is, but I love you all.

Gotta go do the one thing I know how to do. Pull weeds. Don't need lots of instructions to do that, except get the roots and try to get them before they go to seed.

Later,

Barbara

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.