Anyone know which woodrose this is? It's first bloom

Mesilla Park, NM

Grew this from seed almost 2 years ago and I thought it froze but came back and bloomed.. I am really confused as to which one I have now. The ones I started this year died with the heat, but this one is going strong. It is white flowered and has a dk pink/red center. The leaves are in the second photo.

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

Second photo of another bud and leaves.

anyone have seeds for the pink or the yellow woodrose?

Thumbnail by Gourd
(Nadine) Devers, TX(Zone 9b)

Your second pic is kinda fuzzy..I have a small Baby Hawaiian Woodrose vine-pink flower -Argyreia nervosa and s small plant to the Big Hawaiian woodrose-yellow flower-Merremia tuberosa..They just started the vining part so they are ready to take off growing...LOL...E-mail me if ya interested....

Mesilla Park, NM

sent you mail.. yes, yes,,,,,, I am interested..

edited to say: this is aka Merrema dissecta aka Alamo Vine

This message was edited Jun 13, 2004 5:42 PM

Mesilla Park, NM

For Anyone interested: this site has a photo of the plants and leaves, and even the pods of these beauties.. it looks like I have been growing Merrima Tridentada (white flower) also, in addition to the dissecta. It also has photos of a couple of other Woodrose plants that maybe some of you are interested in.

http://Protist.i.hosei.ac.je/Asagao/Yoneda_DB/E/slides?slide_list.html

Some companies are selling seeds for Hawaiin Woodrose Ipomoea and the seeds are really for the Merrima Tridentada. There are also several strains for the Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, Argyreia Nervosa, that should have the heart shaped leaf (Pacific Strain, Hawaiian Strain, and Ghana Strain) maybe more. I sure am having a problem getting seeds for the Merrima Tuberosa, although I did trade for a first year seedling.

edited to insert: Argyreia Nervosa

This message was edited Jul 28, 2004 3:41 PM

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

My merrima tuberosa is growing like crazy, but no blooms yet.

Thumbnail by rylaff
Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

i havent gotten any seeds off mine yet either but its growing like crazy.

has it put out seeds yet as we discussed trading this one last month. just checking.

Mesilla Park, NM

Marie, so far, I've collected 12 seeds off the merrima dissecta. There are some more pods, but they take a long time to ripen.. some pods have four seeds each and some less.

Rylaff, I think these species take two years/seasons to bloom. I am just amazed at how many types of woodroses there are (and I want them all) lol..

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.