MORNING GLORY

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Will morning glory vine grow down a wall? I am trying to get it to grow down a brick wall but it wants to keep growing up!! Is it trainable???

Albany (again), NY(Zone 5b)

Shellie - to the best of my knowledge - they won't grow down the wall, they'll always try to grow up. Any chance of planting them at the bottom to grow up? But, they can do fairly well as hanging plants where they're dangling from a pot - but your best bet is still to find something they can grow up.

Do you have any pictures of your plants? Be interesting to see what you're working with.

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Thanks sbarr, no I can't plant them at the bottom, there is a driveway/cement there, but I think I am going to transplant them at a fence post since I know that they won't grow downward now...Thanks!

Albany (again), NY(Zone 5b)

Shellie - one other consideration - not sure what your wall is like - but, if you could plant them in a pot on the driveway, they'll grow up. Another possibility is off to the side, if you have somewhere and you can encourage them to go sideways and up. Mine would crawl along the top of a fence when there was no more UP.

I just recently moved to Dublin from upstate NY and didn't get a chance to plant any MG's this year - so I am living vicariously through all of you.

I'm sure some of the other folks here could give you some good ideas about something to grow down the brick wall - or hang well.

Good luck!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.