Honeysuckle Vine

Clearfield, PA(Zone 5a)

Is it possible to propagate a honeysuckle vine? If so, how is it done? Thanks! Sandy

CREZIERES, France(Zone 8a)

You can take stem cuttings from semi-mature wood between now and August (late July best), hardwood cuttings in October and November, or sow seeds outdoors in September and October.
Good luck...

Clearfield, PA(Zone 5a)

Thanks for the info! I'll try.

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

I took some cuttings, put them in a jar full of water, in a window, kept adding water as needed, and about 2 months later had roots. I then planted it outside. (This was last summer). The vine survived the winter, and is growing very nicely. My propagation book doesn't mention this method, but it worked for me! :)

Clearfield, PA(Zone 5a)

Hi Karrie20X, I have Mandarin Orange and also Dropmore Scarlet. They are loaded with flowers right now. I am going to watch for seeds. Thanks for your information! Sandy

Moorhead, MN(Zone 4a)

Does anyone have anymore feedback at this point regarding growing these vines from seed? I've collected seed...at least I think it is the seed. What's next?

Park Hill, OK(Zone 6b)

JefeQuicktech,
Most of the honeysuckle out there are propagated vegetatively (by cuttings), to maintain there genetic characteristics. Not to say seedlings wont be good, but most likely wont resemble the parents, like Dropmore Scarlet or Goldflame.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

I have tons of the red berries on my Coral Honeysuckle vine...are they viable? If so, how do you germinate them? I won't care if the seedlings don't resemble the parent...as long as it blooms.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.