Where may I get free/cheap weathered red bricks?

Spokane Valley, WA(Zone 5b)

So there I was in the early spring, weeding the existing flower beds and reworking some of the rock/brick edging, when I discovered I had a few extra bricks here and there.

I leaned back and looked at how far away the back fence was where we typically placed extra bricks/rocks, then glanced toward the base of the steps to the front door, right next to the area I had been working on.

:)

Ta Da! A needed landing emerged... and without back strain!

Fast forward to today... we're soon gonna replace the tiny porch we have with a larger one (already got the decking material for free!), and build new and wider steps oriented away from the flower bed. I like having the same kinda landing at the base of the steps 'cause it was so much fun to create at first, but I don't know anyone with falling chimneys! LOL Any ideas on where to begin looking?

P.S. I'm gonna really do it right this time, with a sand base; this was temporary yet effective. :)

Thumbnail by TuttiFrutti
This thread has 6 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!