Purple Marigold Vine??

Woodbourne, NY(Zone 5a)

Has anyone heard of this? I just received some seed in a trade. I was told that the "marigold vine" was just like the flower, just on a vine. I was curious enough to bite. Now they've arrived labeled as *purple* marigold vine, so I'm completely puzzled.

The seeds look like small morning glory seeds with a whitish cast.

Nothing shows up in web searches....

Florence, AL(Zone 7a)

Marigolds don't vine, and their seeds look nothing like those of morning glories. I'm really into MGs---would you share a few seeds? There's not much way to tell what they are till they bloom, but there aren't any ugly morning glories.

Port Huron, MI(Zone 5b)

maybe they were just mislabeled, by accident. I've certainly done that on occasion
Sandy

Woodbourne, NY(Zone 5a)

The seeds are very dry. Many of them crumbled, maybe they were crunched in the mail. I have the impression that they are old, but I don't know. I nicked and soaked some of them last night and today they looked plump and ready to go. (Still looking like morning glories.)

I have around 10 seeds remaining that are whole, and I'd be glad to send them to you, as a morning glory enthusiast.

I can't help but wonder if the sender somehow confused MariGold with Morning Glory. Both of them having "M...G..." in common didn't occur to me until you used the abbreviation.

Maybe we'll get lucky and discover that they're some lost heirloom variety.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.