mister propogating infor

Donna in Douglas, GA(Zone 8b)

FOUND IT LOOK BELOW!

Need help in finding a propogating mister on a timer
or how to make a homemade one!! Can anyone help?

I found it!
Melnor #3060 has a misting cycle.
which is perfect for cuttings also using with
the timer is Az misting system.
This is gonna be great keeping those cutting
moist!

This message was edited Jul 11, 2004 11:41 PM

This message was edited Jul 17, 2004 10:06 PM

Rowlett, TX(Zone 8a)

Is this what you are looking for?

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/propa/msg0713482027542.html

No, I'm looking for a mist sytem that's on a timer to come on
in the seconds instead of mins. I have heard of a homemade one but can find the info on it! In propagating a mister is a MUST! I thank you for your input!
gapeahen

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

Are you looking for one for a green house? they have one in Mellinger's Catalog "mellingers.com" and try "discound-hydro.com :-)

thanks lebug
your right for a greenhouse/my shade house for cutting!
i'll check them out!!!!!!

I found a timer that has a MIST cycle!
It's Melnor #3060 $40 us along with misting system,
Like Az. cooling mist.
for all those cutting!

Birmingham, AL(Zone 8a)

gapeahen - I agree misting is a must! I've been doing it the hard way in my "lath house" (haha) Set up the hose on light spray and turn it on three times a day. Stuff roots that I've never been successful with before. Love to have a timer though - my way really a pain! Where did you find you Melnor? Does it come with the system or separate? How much area does it cover?

Liz,
Checkout
Home Depot, Azamon.com-free shipping $40 , E-bay

For:
#3060 MELNOR WATER TIMER $40 it has a mist cylce
#2000 Arizona Misting Sytem $20 on E-bay

there a few different kinds of these misting sytem
but I think there all about the same. Or you can make your own with micro jet mister.
I'm waiting on my water timer to come in, have already put
my misting syt. in shade house! WOW just to have a cool mist
from time to time in this heat is great! It just hooks up to the
faucet, just like a waterhose!

Hope this helps! I can wait to get started with the cuttings!

Donna

Ventura, CA(Zone 9a)

I had bought a Nelson timer #5850 that worked great. I need another one and can't find the website, Nelson doesn't sell them direct. I had found the original web site on Dave's Garden, any ideas? thanks - cel

Rock Hill, SC(Zone 7b)

The best system I've found is from Mortons Horticultural Products. Website: www.mortonproducts.com. Toll free # (800) 473-7753. If you call for a catalog or need info I've always talked to Bob, he's very good when it comes to propagating items. They have the battery operated one's but I use the 24 hour timer & the Cycle timer & they work to perfection. Model T101 on 24 hr & Md #C8815 on the cycle timer. This is a 10 min cycle timer & you can set it for what you want. I have mine at 5 sec every 10 mins. They offer 5 timers (same mfg) but with longer or shorter durations. The 24 hr is 49.95 & the cycle is 84.94.
If you want something a little less contact DIG Irrigation or Dripworks. Can't say how they work but you can find anything you desire from one of these three.
Hope this will help. Bud

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.