Blooms in our yard...Help me ID these iris?

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I'm hoping one of you iris experts can help me ID this. It is peach, blooming right now and is tall, about 3' tall at the bloom. Any ideas? More to follow as I get pictures.

Thumbnail by gardenwife
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Any chance you got that from me at the first KY RU? If not, it looks like one I got years ago in a trade. I did pass some out at the RU, just can't remember if you got one or not. Mine were sent to me unamed.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

No, the peach one came from a lady I met while shopping at Wilson's Garden Center here in Newark.

Here's another one:

This message was edited May 19, 2004 9:59 PM

Thumbnail by gardenwife
Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

And an oldie which a friend gave me. It's smaller blooming than the other two shown.

Thumbnail by gardenwife
Cortlandt Manor, NY(Zone 6a)

Looks like Beverly Sills to me:
http://plantsdatabase.com/go/34162/index.html

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

they are all beautiful ask Tazzy she may Know

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

dont think its beverly sills not enough ruffling, may be vainty

Gardenwife i think your oldie is Perfection -Barr-1880 from England

I think you are right about the ruffling -- I just love this one gardenwife -- the long "dog ears" make it so elegant looking.

This message was edited May 19, 2004 11:00 PM

Here is the link to "Vanity":
http://plantsdatabase.com/go/36876/index.html

"down the Shore", NJ(Zone 7a)

My first thought was 'Beverly Sills' also, but I will yield to the experts! 'Bev' might be more ruffly as you say, and also more of a flamingo color.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

This girl is definitely pale peach. So far, 'Vanity' looks closest to it, I think. Thanks for the ID of the Perfection-Barr-1880. Any ideas on that rust/brown one? You guys are tops! :)

I think your red brown iris is UNFORGETTABLE FIRE 1991{Schrener,s

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Here are my peach iris. Not the best picture because the rain wouldn't leave them alone.

Thumbnail by Badseed
Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Oh, thanks, a name for my oldie ~'Perfection-Barr'~
I gave away a ton of these that were suffering against a wooden fence in our summertime heat. Kept enough to have a plenty pretty soon.
Badseed, that's just a very pretty lady who maybe danced too much. She would be perfect back with my Pleasure rose. Could trade an un-named regal height big bloomed white.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

She's gorgeous, Chele! Mine's not as deep a peach.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.