What's Blooming Now?

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Full Tide is strong & holds up well to our Iowa storms.BIG blue blooms!

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers

This is a shorter Border Bearded Brown Lasso. I like the unusual color combination.

One of my favorite historical ones--Blue Shimmer

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

Gosh, I didn't realize you had so many and what variety! Do you have any more that you want to trade that you didn't send me in the first shipment? LOL.

Since you asked...Did I send you any of my photocards? A wonderful Iris friend of mine wants to trade me 38 new Iris colors for photocards. I asked her what she was going to do with 154 color photo note cards!!! LOL

Since my garden space is limited, I will have to thin a few more clumps out to make room. (I have over 200 iris colors.) Maybe we can have some fun. I'm widening my beds AGAIN, but my DH insists I leave some grass for the dogs...

Yes, I got some of your wonderful cards and have already used half of them. But since you are converting to more and more antique irises, I would love to have some of your more modern ones. I don't know if you wanted anything I had, just blue flags, ajuga, obedient plant and lavender bee balm, but in the fall I will have some brugmansia cuttings. Or I could just pay postage again. PLMK

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Wandasflowers, do you have any iris that are pink or orange?

I lost some of mine over the winter. Dang, some of those I had had for 5 yrs.

Do you happen to have the old iris that is a med. blue and smells wonderful? Most tell me that it smells like grapes. I have that if you are interested. I know that it is an old iris as it was on the farm when we moved there.

Maxine

I do the note cards with pictures of my lilies on them.

Maxine--you use the photos too? It enables me to enjoy my garden even in the dead of winter...

I don't think I have any iris that smell like grapes. Name? It was a bad spring for iris here--very wet and a late hard frost on April 30 that caught many of my iris buds. 42 days of rain out of the past 72 days and nights in the 40s have not been good to the iris roots.

I have a few pink and orange, but I hesitate to touch them until it stops raining & I know what's left. If they dry out well in August, I might have some to trade you for lilies.

Woodspirit--give me a couple of weeks to dry this mess out & evaluate. I may have some colors available for postage.

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Don't have a name for that iris. Was wondering if you would trade me a fan of your pink pictures above for a fan of the grape smell iris.?

I can trade lilies for the pink and orange iris also.
Oh shoot, will have to go out and look to see the names.

too hot right now!! HUMID prior to storm, maybe later this afternoon.

I purchased 2 new O/T lilies name[Albany] yesterday at the nursery for 25% off. Looks like it could be a match for Silk Road which I won't plant anymore. I lost 4 the past winter even mulched!!!!!

Maxine

Sounds Great, Wanda. PLMK.....

Maxine, email me & we'll talk. I have good orange & pink iris to trade for Asian or Oriental lilies.

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

I e mailed you privately. Do you mean asiatic instead of asian? If so I can give you a better selection.

Let me know what you meant by the above lily?

Maxine

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

Really it is blooming right now with 3 big fat healthy flower stalks.

Thumbnail by llilyfan

LILYFAN---REALLY??? Is it a re-bloomer or just confused??? You should start a new Iris thread with this news! Cool!
Cool, wet weather last month?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.