What's Blooming Now?

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Wow! Everyday is different as my new babies open up. I've waited 3 seasons for some tiny ones (it's a wonder they made it!). And some are blooming first year! Now, if walker (puppy) will just stay out of my iris beds....

Peaches & Cream

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers

And a nearly black one--Around Midnight

And my softest true blue--intermediate Az Ap!

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

THERE BEAUTFUL, WANDA .I STARTED WITH TEN IRIS AND THEN TO OVER 300 IN ABOUT THIRTY YEARS,THERE LIKE ICE CREAM,CAN'T GET ENOUGH.NOW IM GETTING IN TO LOUSIANS GROWING IN PONDS AND CUTTING BACK ON TBS AND A LOT OF MY HISTORICS GETTING TO OLD TO WEED I PULLED THE WEED AND THE WEED WON. IM SETTING ON MY REAR WONDERING WHY I CANT PULL WEEDS IV GOT OLD CK. OUT CATHY ANNS ID THESE IRIS SHE POSTED PIC OF MY LOUSIANAS FOR ME. YOU WILL WANT TO START GROWING THEM,

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Wanda, I planted Az Ap last year and it didn't bloom for me this year. Could it be one of the ones you waited 3 years for the bloom?

Kylertown, PA(Zone 5b)

My SDB's are gorgeous this year. I was so afraid a late freeze was going to get them.....

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

Love the peaches and cream... Tazzy do you have hmmmmmm .. blessings me

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

no hope 43 i dont have that one have peach picotte. its almost same grow good in okla. ill get you a start. YESS LADIES GET YOU MAMAGRAMS. IT CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE, AND after about 15 years of them ,you dont have to wear a bra just tuck boobs in top of pants, no at my age may be top of shoes but im get pressed to the max, each year and im still here at 62well time to go get mine irin out for another year
tazzy

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

That Peaches and Cream is a beauty worth waiting for!!

May I ask where you purchased it?

Maxine

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Oops, was told this is 'Storm Center'

This message was edited May 25, 2004 8:35 AM

Thumbnail by Sue_WA
Elkhart, IA(Zone 5a)

Sharlee.....I have only 4 different iris and will be working on getting more..If you could only have 10 iris...which ones would be on your must have list!? :))))) Bev

Thumbnail by IowaAnn

My Az Ap roots were tiny & it took two years to get blooms.

Indashade-frost got the buds on some of the early Tbs, but the rest are magnificent! I could spend all day just looking at them...

Here is a peek at one bed. It will later bloom coreopsis, daylilies, phlox, clematis, Snapdragons, zinnias, Dianthanus & more. fun, huh?

Tazzy, You can throw any of those old historicals my way. I'll find room...

Anahi--send me an email. I have about 20 extra colors from the looks of it & would love to share with another Iowan.

Elkhart, IA(Zone 5a)

Oh Wanda! Have you ever considered giving a tour of your garden? Beautiful!

Anahi--I give tours everyday to realtives, friends & neighbors who catch me outside. You're welcome anytime, girl! And I'll send you home with an armful of blooms.

My Sis in Law julie was over yesterday taking notes, photographing & videotape. I told her if she wants some after they bloom that she has to call them by name so I can find the darn things! Ha Ha Thank Goodness for garden stakes!

Tellico Plains, TN(Zone 7b)

Wanda,
.........OMG , we are so far behind here. B U T , I finally have my very first ever TB Iris bloom ...... Wheeeee!!

Montevideo
She's kinda light but I assume the colors will darken when the rhizomes mature. In the long run, she is pretty even if the name tag ends up being incorrect. =))

Thumbnail by scooterbug

Okay, I was having trouble posting--here are a few more blooming right now. All my late tall beardeds are going crazy.
Abstract Art

Amethyst Dancer --Love the pale pink & maroon with edging combo!

WWhoops! Lets try again...

Aphrodisiac is not only brilliant, the huge blooms keep coming & coming!

Autumn Echo was short but nice blooms.

I found this short little beauty this morning after the rain stopped.
This is going to be so fun =))

Full Tide

This message was edited Jul 15, 2004 9:20 PM

Thumbnail by scooterbug

Here's a shot of one of my garden borders last week.
pins---Az Ap bloomed just one little bloom for me first year. This one is 3 years old.
Maxine-I was on a "peach" kick last spring & chased a few down. I think Peaches & Cream came from "Quail Hill Gardens" in South Carolina but I don't see it on his list this year. It just keeps blooming & blooming!

Belvidere, IL(Zone 5a)

Wanda, had I known you'd give tours I'd of looked you Saturday when I was in CR. Nancy

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Wanda, you wouldn't have a fan of that Peaches and Cream, now that you have blown me out of the water!!!
Mine are just starting to bloom, TB that is. If and when the rain quits will run out and take pictures of some of them.

Peonies have buds on them but otherwise no blooms other that the tree peonies and fern leaf.

Maxine

Maxine,
The Peaches & cream is only 2 years old & just starting to spread. Hit on me next year....

Nancy, you were in town and ignored me? I'm hurt! my gardens are always open & I'm usually in them.

Red at Night is still blooming.

Steppin Out stops traffic & is finally winding down.

I can't quite capture the rich color of Mulled WIne, but here is my attempt.

Almost stepped on this one this morning. She is huge but so short...

Yaquina Blue

Thumbnail by scooterbug
Cortlandt Manor, NY(Zone 6a)

MARY FRANCIS AND BEAUX ART

Thumbnail by Alyssum
Cortlandt Manor, NY(Zone 6a)

PAINTED CLOUD

Thumbnail by Alyssum
Elkhart, IA(Zone 5a)

OMG! they are all so pretty! I can see how easily one can become addicted to growing iris! Keep the pictures coming guys!

Alyssum--love the Mary Frances/Beaux Arts combo! What a knockout!

I have just a few iris still blooming. Daylilies and other perennials are starting now. Gotta go buy more film....

Wanda,your irises are beautiful!
I just love 'Red at Night'.
What kind of dog is Walker-he is a doll?
Thank you for sharing your pictures.
Colie

Holland, NY(Zone 5a)

my favorite Batik

Thumbnail by jasper427
Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Oh, I love Batik! Where'd ya get it? I'd love some!

Holland, NY(Zone 5a)

pins 2006, I can send you some I have plenty. send me a email with your address and its on its way.

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Oh, dancing the happy Batik dance. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Walker is a 1 1/2 year old crazy German Short hair. He may be named in our divorce if he doesn't stay out of my flowerbeds!!!! They tell me he will stop eating couches, shoes & pillows in a few years. HELP!

My Batik is either dead or one of the ones Walker unmarked for me. Jasper--yours looks wonderful!
Island Dancer

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.