Husband brought home flowering almond from work.

Orrville, OH(Zone 6a)

He's a surveyor and the hoes were going to dig them out to put in a new subdivision. Very pretty. Are they leggy in part sun?

Orrville, OH(Zone 6a)

Hoes sounds bad.... but I think thats what he said. Backhoe maybe...

markleysburg, PA(Zone 5a)

Beautiful plants. Will grow in sun. I had one and my yardman cut it off and it never came back-have been hunting another one since. Always had them at home and not seen very much anymore.

Lima, OH(Zone 5a)

Have had mine for 10+ yrs. Start cuttings under jars...........

Orrville, OH(Zone 6a)

Hibiscus, did you mean that you start cuttings in jars of water or in starting mix or by layering etc?

I would like to have more of them too. I didn't get them in the ground very fast and with the heat right now I'm hoping one makes it. A few are pruned like trees and some are like bushes.

Lima, OH(Zone 5a)

I put cuttings outside in the ground, now. Jars over, semi shade so they don't cook. Have one growing in my starting bed from last yrear. Should I be starting more? Have traded two out.
LMK.

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Guess I should be trying to start new ones too. My DH went on a weed eating rampage last summer and took one of ours to the ground. Parts are starting to come back now but slowly. I got mine from a lady who helped to get me started in raising flowers and is now deceased. She promised we would be together again in heaven so I think of her and how she is probably raising flowers for JESUS now in heaven.

Orrville, OH(Zone 6a)

Oh hibiscus, you don't need to start any for me. I just wondered how to do it so I can propagate my own. Thanks for the idea of the canning jar. I will have to try it.

Prattville, AL(Zone 8a)

Hibiscus, Do you have one for trade or will you have one in the near future? I've always wanted one but could never get any cutting's to root..

Thx, Dixiechick

Lima, OH(Zone 5a)

Email me.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.