Anybody recognize me?

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

As I rarely plant anything without a name tag.....LOL I am wondering if I buried it or if someone napped it. I'll be digging around soon. Just wondered if someone recognizes this one? It is possibly one from Inda or a Bleek co-op.

Thumbnail by Badseed

Maybe 'Stepping Out'?

Southwestern, OH(Zone 6b)

I got one here that matches it perfectly, whatever it is! LOL

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Hey Melissa! It is not the same one as you posted for Inda. I have that one too! LOL Did you see my reply there?

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7a)

I think it is Jesse's Song.

I have that one too! I know it's not from Bleek, because it's planted with the ones from Inda. :-) I thought it was going to be king tush!

Bleek, I need you to pay me a visit and name all this stuff for me, how you recognize the cultivars just amazes me!

I am looking forward to seeing a ticket in the mail.

he he he.... what's the closest airport? LOL

BII.....................Bearded Iris International

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Okay. I found the tag for Jesse's Song but it was over in the side yard. No way it could have gotten that far. Quick question. The picture on my tag shows the standards to be totally purple. Are they? I really think people steal my tags! LOL I have several more in the side bed with the same color combination. WHAT was I thinking!?!?! The ones planted there were purchased in twos and I only put ONE tag with the iris, planted together.

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

BS, try using a paint marker and mini blind strips. Tape the picture label to the mini blind strip with some outdoor type clear tape. Write on the other side with the paint marker directly on the blind before you put on the tape. This makes a very long lasting marker. Larger old fashion blinds also make good markers. They are usually some kind of thin metal. If you think they aren't sturdy enough you can glue them to a stake made of wood,

Grady, AL(Zone 8a)

It's a great pic. You should post it :)

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Thank you for the suggestions leaflady. The ones I bought from Bleek came with nursery markers and I do my others with a special garden marker on mini blind slats. The problem I am running into lately is MISSING markers. I know a few things heaved over the winter and I was quick and careful to put them back. I don't know if I missed this one or someone pulled it out. I do have some wacky neighbors and lots of kids around here with too much time and too little supervision. I also topped my soil off in the fall so I am thinking some tags could be out there and I maybe covered them.

"down the Shore", NJ(Zone 7a)

Looks exactly like my 'Steppin' Out', have to agree with echoes! Mine is blooming now, and it is beautiful.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Okay, found Jesse's Song! Well, tagged and accounted for. LOL Will be looking around this one soon. :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.