propogating "Burning Bush"

Milwaukee, WI(Zone 5a)

Do any of my esteemed associates out there in the e-world
have any suggestions on propogating burning bushes. I have tried cuttings with "dip 'n grow", I have tried cuttings in my aquaponic system....all have failed. Any suggestions!!!???

If I lose you on this list, pls. feel free to contact me @ stevespring@sbcglobal.net.

Looking forward to any help.

Thanks.............Steve

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Steve, around here they seem to drop seedlings like crazy, so I never have tried any propagation myself.

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

You might have better luck with semi-hardwood cuttings in August and September.

CHARITON, IA(Zone 5a)

Ours sprout under the bushes by the little red seeds dropping onto the mulch. Leave them over the winter and in the spring they will sprout and you can harvest as many as you need!

CREZIERES, France(Zone 8a)

Are we talking here about Euonymus alatus, Dictamnus albus, or Kochia scoparia trichophylla?

This is the problem of common names... ;o)

Harlem, GA(Zone 8a)

I wonder if the seed would work or not, my FIL told me the squirrels eat the seeds and digest and spit them out or [deleted] them out LOL...and they seed that way...

LOL he was probably pulling my leg...AGAIN

P.S. Although Ive heard this to be the same for wild dogwoods too...so maybe he wasnt afterall...we have wild dogwoods all in the woods around here but if you try to move them...they die.

Im trying the airlayering with moist spagnum moss, plastic and tape. let ya know

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.