Hey....LET GO!!

Ladson, SC(Zone 8b)

I noticed this morning that my Mandevilla Vine had made friends with my windchime! If I didn't know better, I would swear it could see!

All my husband had to say was "See, that crazy plant thing of yours doesn't like to hear that racket either."

Geez....

Thumbnail by AKelley
Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

Oh that's to funny.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Too funny. I had one in the bay window over the winter and wasn't watching it and it ended up twisted around the drapery rod. I couldn't get it untangled so I just cut it off. Now I know how to keep my wind chimes quiet. LOL!

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

My Hoya did that as well Brugie...also discoved that it could wind itself around the slats too. I now have a number of rooted cuttings that were just planted.

I really like your photo AKelli. A plant with personality! :)

Waterville, KS

Thats tooooo funny! What a great bunch of friendly folks you are ! Thanks for being here and sharing all of this!

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

Akelley, My clematis did the vine in the windchime thing last fall. I clipped all the vines away this spring but know I will forget to watch and the chimes will get stopped again. Donna

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

I am not letting DH see this! He takes my windchimes down every chance he gets! I have a white mandevilla laxa planted near the chimes, I'll keep an eye on it.

Santa Ana, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi April! Drop by the Welcome Mat (if you haven't already) and introduce yourself there -- people scan that who wouldn't have a reason to bring up your member page, and you're apt to make contact with someone from your area.

BTW, if you go to this site, you can find out your zone and add that to your Location Preferences, too.
http://www.garden.org/b2b/zipzone/index.asp
Welcome! -- X.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

What is it with husband's and wind chimes??? Mine takes them down or wraps the clacker thing up and ties it up in the chimes. It's like some crazy knot-tying contest he's trying to win! Sheessh! Don't they get that they are melodic and restful when you're working in the garden!!??
Brenda

Ladson, SC(Zone 8b)

Hi Brenda...Geez, who knows for sure but it does seem to be a problem!! He even says crazy things to me like, "I don't know how you can stand all that noise." I love it. It's peaceful to me and very serene. I guess we truely are from different planets. He can have a football game on, volume way up, crowd roaring, whistle constantly blowing and call that relaxing. I don't get it. That kind of noise actually stresses me out. I don't have anything at all against football, I just want the volume way down. Grrrrrrrr

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

LOL!!! Crazy that we find not only gardening in common here at DG --- Men really ARE from Mars!!!

Dothan,, AL(Zone 8a)

YES THEY ARE. DIFFERENT CREATURES.

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Hmmmm, Mars is it :-) LOL
And here I thought it was men hear windchimes as noise rather than, oh what was it....
"melodic and restful when you're working in the garden!!?? "

RikerBear the Martian

Ladson, SC(Zone 8b)

LOL....Greetings RikerBear Martian. Welcome to Earth. : )

Seriously though, I am wondering, what's your take on this?
Is it a sound you find pleasant? Is it irritating and noisy? I really am curious to see if this is just another one of those male/female differences.

Angie

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Now honestly it's not a man woman thing....some people like them some find it noise.
Most times I find it anoying, but on a nice cool summer's eve with a fresh scented breeze blowing, the tinkle of the chimes can be perfection.
We keep a rubberband hooked to ours, so we can 'stop' it when needed. :-)

Coppell, TX(Zone 8a)

My Wisteria did the same thing and it reached right out and grabbed the Wisteria next to it too! I think it's in love! She's pink and the other is Purple...they should have lovely mauve babies! LOL

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Thank goodness my husband likes the sound of the windchimes (now). LOL at 1st it was a different story tho. He didnt like them one bit, the same noise thing with him. But now he says "listen, they're singing". lol Im workin on him.
I think my DH started off as far away as Pluto, and is working his way closer to Mars.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Too funny, Shelly!!! Sounds like you're making progress.

Franklin, LA(Zone 9b)

i'm not a windchime person at all
so i dont think it's a male/female thing
i think it's just a matter of personal preference..some people like them, and some dont
i personally find them to be horribly annoying

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.