iowa peach?

Elkhart, IA(Zone 5a)

has anyone ever heard of a peach called the Iowa peach? It's supposed to be hardy in Iowa....and it's not the reliance. Any thoughts?

Sharpsburg, IA(Zone 5a)

i have a strain of white peach that is very hardy,productive, and easy to maintain and very tasty that I have raised 100 miles south of you , Sharpsburg, Iowa. Have had for close to 20 years, native to this area for 50 plus years

Elkhart, IA(Zone 5a)

mainhaus, do you have your peach tree in a protected area? Have you harvested them yet this season? When do they ripen? Sooooo many questions! .....Would you be willing to send me some of the pits if I pay the postage? I'm interested in getting some peach trees started from seed.

Sharpsburg, IA(Zone 5a)

Ihave my peach trees planted in groups ranging from a few to many,I have about 80 trees (five years old) in production, 9 older (18yrs) in production,100 two year old,&300 first year sapplings that I sell sapplings at our farmers market along with lots of tomatoes,&folkart,one of kind benches,carvings,& more(www.mainzhaus.com),rustic furniture,Google.
I have a couple of acres so I have planted in different micro climates & soils.The peaches ripen around Labor Day depending on the wearther,at present I am about50% harvested of these yummy gems(sooo sweet) Yes,I would be willing to help you however I can, tis the nature of a true gardener.Call me in the early evenings (641 349 8441) Jay

Franklin Grove, IL(Zone 5a)

mainhaus, I found nothing on your web site regarding Peach trees. Do you only sell the saplings locally or do you ship them? How long does it take from "sapling" to "bearing"? Are they self-fertile? Are they standard size? I have two dwarf Reliance trees and got my first harvest of five peaches (total) this year. Would love to add variety to the orchard. Thanks.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.