Turk's Cap Transplant

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10b)

My friend had a biggish Turk's Cap that I have always loved and when they were reconfiguring their driveway, she dug it up for me last month and I packed it in my hatchback and plopped it in the ground. It was 4 feet wide and 5 feet tall. (she pruned it way back before digging)
Now~ it is dry, white (branches don't look green at all) and leaves dried up and blew away.
I was going to dig it up today bit there were green bits near the roots (branches broke green with the shovel) and there were all of these stringy white root looking patches.

Now~ it isn't in the way. I have nothing else to put there really. So should I leave it and will it come back? Granted it has been stressed but should I prune it WAY back if there might be new growth?

Thanks- and if this is the wrong forum please let me know!!

Best,
Michelle

Maben, MS(Zone 7b)

I would just leave it, it will most likely come back. I have two and just love this and have seedlings that comes up around mine so if it doesn't soon show growth I will have plants I can send you.

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10b)

Thanks for the advice and the offer! I will let you know how it goes as Spring moves in.
Michelle

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

How is it doing now, Daisy??

"eyes"

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10b)

Oh my- that one is sooo gone. Dead as the proverbial doornail.

BUT I have three from yardbird in the garden and they are very happy and will hopefully thrive.

Thanks for asking, eyes!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.