Echinacea White Swan

Loysville, PA(Zone 6a)

I think I would like to try this in my garden as I want to add whites. Do any of you friends have experienced comments on this one? Is it easy? Does it stand up well or does it tend to fall over from it's height ?

I also just saw a new one in my PeoplePlantsPlaces Magazine that is described as orange-purple color. (can't remember name and left the magazine at work) Anyone know anything about that one ?

Thanks in advance

Coopersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

it stands up well - doesn't seem to be as tall as the purple coneflowers - i have extra seeds if you're interested

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

I would agree with handhelpers. Mine is also not at tall as the purple ones. Probably about 18" or so. Nice large blooms, tho. :)

Loysville, PA(Zone 6a)

Thats good news to me ! Thanks for your response. I'm glad that it may not be as tall as I thought.
Kooger, if they really are only 18" or so they will look soo nice with my stellas.

handhelpers, thanks for the offer of seeds. I would love to have some. Email me with postage cost and your address. I'll be happy to send you stamps or a check.

Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

This was my one real splurge this year. I knew about it last year and was shocked to see it in production and for sale already. It's just now putting up these tiny little leaves. I'm afraid to put the poor thing out in the yard for fear of forgetting about it! I'm sure being an echinacea that it would be just fine, but it's my baby...

http://www.waysidegardens.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StoreCatalogDisplay?catalogId=10067&storeId=10151&langId=-1&mainPage=prod2working&ItemId=49584

Thumbnail by ecobioangie
Loysville, PA(Zone 6a)

That's the one I saw ecobioangie, I made sure I brought my magazine home tonight so I could reference it. "Art's Pride".
It looks so beautiful ! I'm gonna be getting some of that one too. Thanks for the link. and good luck with yours.

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

handhelpers, I have tried to start some of this by seed- this year was my first attempt at starting seeds. Does this take a long time to look like a plant, and not just a seedling? Or maybe I just didn't do it right. Any special instructions for starting these?

Coopersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

hehe - mine don't look like plants yet, either. i tried seeds this year too for the first time seriously. just have to be patient.

Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

No problem willit, and thanks! You too! :)

Loysville, PA(Zone 6a)

Thank you Handhelpers, I got the seeds on Saturday.

Golden, CO(Zone 5b)

I planted these seed two years ago, rather late, (June) and although they sprouted easily no blooms til the following year. I have successfully dug and divided them too. They are already up about 4 " this morning, but I had to cover them up because of the coming snow. *#A&%#!

Loysville, PA(Zone 6a)

Terre_ , that sounds encouraging to me. I was concerned that I should have had them started by now.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.