MY NEW INDOOR GREENHOUSE

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

We have a sun room off our bedroom upstairs. It has east, south and west windows. For years it has been used as storage - pretty much a junk room. I hauled all that stuff downstairs to the basement (back is killing me!) and put up tables (for now) to put my flats on. Eventually, I'd like to get those shelves. Here's one a pic taken from one end of the room.

Thumbnail by Karrie20x
Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

Here's a pic taken from the other side of the room.

What's neat about this room is it stays very warm after about mid-March because of all the sun.

I can also open up the windows to help harden off the plants when I'm ready.

Thumbnail by Karrie20x
Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

Your room looks great, it's like a built in greenhouse, love it.

Raleigh, NC(Zone 8b)

I see you have some plants growing too. Looks really nice.

Ray

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Karrie, I'm jealous. Would love to have a room like this one. Looks like your plants are liking it too.

Karrie, I'm jealous too. Looks great.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

That little room is to die for as a solarium. You could really have some fun making that your little getaway! Lucky you!! Seedlings look great and quite happy in their greenhouse.
Brenda

Southwestern, OH(Zone 6b)

OH Lucky lucky you!! I'd love to have a room like that!

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

We live in a very old home, in a nice older area on the South Hill of Spokane. I think this sun room may have been a deck at one time, and then enclosed, later on - not really sure. It could have just been an add-on. I'm glad I finally made good use of it. Storing old junk (that eventually most of gets thrown away) was a waste of space. My neighbor said I could put in patio chairs in the summer. NOT! It get's very warm in there already. If it's 90 degrees outside, it would be over 100 in there. I think that is what makes it such a good germination room in the early spring, is it is attached to our bedroom, so gets some warmth from the heat, as well. I'm loving this! :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.