Need passifloria seed help.

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

I've looked and looked and can't seem to find the thread where someone was talking about how to get Passifloria seeds started.
Can anyone help me?
I have several types that I really want to started soon.

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Check out this guys page http://www.passionflow.co.uk/seed1.htm It's the best on the web for passie seeds.

I've had the best results from soaking in orange juice. I soak them until the juice gets yucky and nasty. Then wash them off under warm water. I did most of mine in the paper towel - baggy method. Some germinate quickly but some species take forever.

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

Huge Thanks Poppysue!
Heading over to the link now.

I can't wait, this is my first time trying these. I have never even had the plant, let alone grown it from seeds!
Wish me luck!!

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Mollybee, I also use the orange juice method. Then I plant them. If you cant get them to grow for you, let me know. I am sure I will have volunteer passionflowers popping up soon.

Mesilla Park, NM

I also read somewhere that you can nick them with a nailclipper, but be very careful, then soak them.. I did that and have some germinating so far about 10 have come up, different varieties.. only thing is I did not know that you should soak in OJ, I used plain water and soaked them for about three days (changing the water). Good luck.. Antoinette

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

More good advice ya'll Thanks!!

I am in the process of getting all my seeds started tonight and I keep laying the pass seeds over to one side, guess I'll do those last.

Thanks again ya'll

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.