Allamanda bush seeds

Commerce, GA(Zone 8a)

Anyone know how to prepare these seeds for planting after the pod dries? pods are full of flat seeds. Do you soak them before planting? Advise ?

Navarre (NW FL), FL(Zone 8b)

Wow,
I didn't know that these produced seed. It sounds like they would be something like milk weed seeds. Is that the case? If they are, then iI would plant them the same way. I just placed them on top of the soil and watered them to keep the soil moist/damp. They sprouted right up. I had the containers up against the house where they would get morning sun with sum noon but none after about noon. Good luck. I would be interested to know how they turn out for you. I know that this plant is very easy to propogate from cuttings if you have access to the mother plant. I made many of these some years back. It's an awesome plant.

Commerce, GA(Zone 8a)

BugFreak, thanks for the reply. I planted this bush in 2002, & it is full of these seed balls. I have also started more plants from cuttings of the bush. I was amazed at how many seeds are in one ball!There are pictures of the plant & seed balls on plant database. thanks again, Melba

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.