Pulmonarias

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

I have two different types blooming now and they are just gorgeous. I'd love to have more. How can I make sure they set seed? And, can I divide them? I'm almost afraid to touch them. When would be the best time?

Thanks so much,
Carmen

Freedom, PA(Zone 6a)

I will have david ward, silverado and mrs moon sometime in April, mine are not growing yet. What variety do you have? Cathy

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the link, Rikerbear. I'll try the division method when they stop blooming and before it gets too hot.

Cathy, I have David Ward and Janet Frisk. Janet is a much deeper color than David. She's also more spotted. How are your's colored?

Freedom, PA(Zone 6a)

http://em.ca/garden/per_pulmonaria_sacc_mrs_moon1.html

and silverado

'Silverado' Very silver foliage. Mixed colors- blue, pink, and white flowers.

I do have another one, can't remember the name, when the snow melts I'll check the tag.

My pulmonaria usually don't bloom until mid May here, but they are wonderful plants. I have some planted in with my hosta.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I"m working on a trade right now with someone, I so hope it goes through, I'll be getting about l2 diff kinds of pulmonarias. woo hoo,

question, are these also called jeruselum sage? the pdb said that when I looked up pulmonaria also jeruselum sage, I didn't realize that

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

I never have heard of pulmonaria called anything else except lungwort. Twelve different kinds?!? I'm green.

Freedom, PA(Zone 6a)

COMMON: Jerusalem Sage
LATIN: Phlomis Fruticosa

Jerusalem Sage is a shrubby plant growing 4 ft. tall with woolly gray-green leaves. Yellow 1 inch flowers spaced along upper half of stems. Evergreen in mild winters. Will produce several waves of bloom if cut back after each flowering.

Pins I'm with you, green with envy.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

so your saying it's two diff plants right, wondering why when I typed in pulmonaria on the plants data base,, it came up and the common name ws jeruselum sage?

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I just went there and this is what it said about pulmonarias

Lungwort, Bethelehem Sage, Jerusalem Sage 'Mrs. Moon'
Pulmonaria saccharata

it said that on quite a few of them?

kathy

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

oh yeah, our trade isn't final yet, i'm biting at the bit staying patient, wanting to finalize, LOL i'll behave myself. LOL

Freedom, PA(Zone 6a)

Not sure why it comes up like that, but if you look up phlomis, it says Jerusalem Sage also. But they are 2 different plants. I have both plants, totaly different. Phlomis will bloom all summer if the spent blooms are take off. My Pulmonaria is more like a ground cover and blooms in spring-early summer. I hope you get all 12 of the plants, they have great foliage, and beautiful blooms.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

i'll have to agree with you there, they do look completely different, that's why I was so confused. LOL go figure

kathy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.