Rain and Cool Temps in Ohio

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

It's been the coolest, rainiest spring and early summer I can remember. It's rained almost every day for almost three weeks and the temps are staying in the 60's and 70's. I'm afraid at this rate we won't be harvesting our tomatoes until September or October! My poor maters and peppers are hardly growing at all in their choice spot. Same thing with my other annual plants. *sigh*

Warsaw, IL(Zone 5a)

Hey Gardenwife,got the same problems here in Illinois to.Yesterday was 58 out normal temp is 82,rained again yesterday,last night and this morning. Warmer temps are supposed to be here tommorrow.I hope! Keith

Port Huron, MI(Zone 5b)

I'm not that far away up here in mich., but I gotta say my tomatoes are thriving.This is my first year at this home, but my tomatoes are all well-above my knees(and I am pretty tall...)I'm looking forward to one of my best years.
Sandy:)

Ward, AR(Zone 7a)

I am having trouble with all my pepper plants. The leaves are turning yellow with brown spots and falling off. A couple of baby bell peppers just dried up. The plants have been full of blooms twice but still no fruit. I'm trying to find out what is wrong with them. How can I fix it?

New Paris, OH

Our tomatoes and peppers made it though the cool wet weather okay and are loving this hot sunny weather.

We put row covers on all our peppers during the cool period and they had no problems. The tomatoes were transplanted during the wet season and did not like it a bigt and mahny threatened to die on us but today I did the second tying of the 'maters and all are doing great, some even have largish fruits on them! They are growing like weeds

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.