PERMANENT marker ?

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

not sure where to ask this question, but do any of you have a suggestion for a good permanent marker? The sharpie I have been using fades, and I haven"t found a good one to use outside. I use cut up mini blind slats and they work great, but what will last to write the names with? Thanks for your help ( or where else should post this Question? ) Margie

Cuyahoga Falls, OH(Zone 5a)

Try using a permenant laundry marker. Works for me, even through the winter snows.

Lima, OH(Zone 5a)

Mine is a Sharpie(Industrial use) marker, says so on the pen. It is permanent from sun and water, the regular Sharpies washed off, or faded. Got mine at Walmart.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Cool, I had never heard of the one for Industrial use. Will have to see if I can find one. Soft lead pencils work fairly well too.

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

I use the paint pens and they are great. They have a fine point so you can write nicely on your markers.

Donna

Stockton, MO(Zone 6b)

I got a garden marker from Mellingers, (along with a roll of plastic labels). It is fine line, and works real well.

Ewing, KY(Zone 6a)

Funny you should mention that I just ordered more today. This is the one I always use it works great. Here is the link I ordered from but I am sure you can find them other places.
http://www.charleysgreenhouse.com/catalog/index.cfm?page=_ProductDetails&ProductId=8725

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Paint pens work great steel workers use them a lot to mark on steel with. I use them for garden stakes and marking plastic flats with. Ernie

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks for all your suggestions. Would a Hobby Lobby have the paint pens? Think I will let my fingers do the walking :)

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

We don't have a Hobby Lobby out here so I don't know what they carry. I bought mine at Michaels.

Donna

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

I have plant labels that I marked with a regular Sharpie 3-4 yrs. ago and they haven't faded yet. Does it take several yrs. to do so or am I the exception??

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I use the same kind as Mystic but I usually buy the shorter, more fat one, because that is normally what I see. It seems to last a good while. The regular sharpie does come off after a season or so. I can't tell you why yours would stay so well berrygirl. I am thinking of trying a solder iron on the mini blind slats. I am wondering if it would get too hot?

Valinda, CA(Zone 10a)

I use Marks-A-Lot. It is made by Avery and I find it at Walmart and office supplu. It is the only pen that I have found that will write on plant leaves.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.