Autumn Sage 'Teresa' (Salvia greggii)

Autumn Sage 'Teresa'
Salvia greggii

"Copyright Dave Steinbrunner, Hunt, TX"

Thumbnail by dave
Ewing, KY(Zone 6a)

Wow I haven't seen that one before. I love salvia.

Dave lives right down the road from me and he called last night to chat for a while. He discovered this "mutation" in his garden 3 years ago and today he has a patent on it and is selling them. Trish told me that she needs one of these plants - we love the color.

dave

Chariton, IA(Zone 5a)

I have never seen salvia look like that. It is gorgeous. Did you say you sell the plant, or is it started from seed? How can we order some?

It's a patented plant that is introduced recently (I think just this year). The owner of it lives right down the road from me. He'll be selling it from his website starting next week! I know I'll be one of his first customers.

Dave

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

Please be sure to let us know his website. It's beautiful!

Will do. He said next week. I'll add him to the Garden Watchdog after he sets up his website. He told me that the plants are now (or soon) available at a nursery in New Braunfels, but I'm just going to wait till I can order from his webpage.

dave

Hunt, TX(Zone 7b)

This is David Steinbrunner

Just a quick note on this Salvia g. TERESA
I discovered it in my garden as a sport on salvia greggii red. At first I thought it was spiddle bugs or mealy bugs. Every grower I contacted told me it would revert to red when I took cuttings. Wrong. I can't take any credit for this flower. God did it for me. And I named it after my beautiful wife, Teresa. Currently, I have contracted Schumachers Hill Country Gardens in New Braunfels to propagate and grow the plant . I was inspecting the plants yesterday(March 15) and they will be ready on the 22nd.

David

McKinney, TX(Zone 8a)

I agree, it is beautiful. Let us know when they are available, David. I will definitely want one, when they are available.

Ewing, KY(Zone 6a)

David it's beautiful. I would like to know when it's available too. Welcome to Dave's Garden.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Very pretty. Sounds like a lot of us would be interested.

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

I'd be very happy to have one. Please let us know how we can buy ours when they are ready.

New Braunfels, TX

Great plant, David. I got the sneak peek and think this plant will fly out of Texas like Southwest Airlines.Everywhere. Deer resistant and easy to grow in the heat and cold. Good stuff. I plan to send a few photos of a couple of my plants next week. P.

This message was edited Monday, Mar 22nd 11:19 PM

To let you all know, the official site is up and running. Go to http://www.teresasalvia.com. It is a simple page with photos and info. Soon we will begin processing orders. Hope to hear from you!

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Got my order in!
Thanks, sethbarkley. (Are you the one who is growing these beauties for David?)

Welcome to DG.

Thanks for your order! I manage the website and help process orders for David Steinbrunner.

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Great! Thanks Seth!

(Website looks good. Great pics! It's also easily navigated. Ya did good!)

Keep smilin'!

Ewing, KY(Zone 6a)

Just wanted to let anybody know that was wanting to order these, I got my plants today they look great. Can't wait to see them blooming in my garden.

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Got mine, too!

They were shipped monday and arrived today! Nice-sized plants, too!

Lookin' good!! (Thanks David S.)!

Dave does a good job - I went down and saw his stock last week and it was impressive. He's an upright gentleman. :)

mystic and shoe: If you are so inclined, leave feedback for Dave at: http://gardenwatchdog.com/c/3323/

Dave

McKinney, TX(Zone 8a)

OOh, I just realized these were available. I don't have a place for one, much less four. Hmmm... I think some friends and family might getting the gift of flowers.

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

dave, if it wasn't there already I would've entered it!

David has really done a great job with emails, phone calls/follow-ups. We're fortunate you found this guy and these plants!

Dave, congrats on the good story in the newspaper! http://wkcurrent.com/default.asp?sourceid=&smenu=71&twindow=&mad=&sdetail=149&wpage=1&skeyword=&sidate=&ccat=&restate=&restatus=&reoption=&retype=&repmin=&repmax=&rebed=&rebath=&sal=

I saw they mentioned the plants database, too. That's cool. :)

dave

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

I had forgotten about this salvia, but just placed an order. I hope I'm not too late. It is gorgeous.

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Great write-up! Congrats!

(Also glad this thread got bumped up...it jogged my memory to visit the GWD.) ;>)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.