Pictures?

Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 6a)

Since this forum is new and apparently theres quite a few of us who are fanatics- maybe everyone could start posting pictures of their peonies with ids, just to get things started?

i know that i love them, but dont have any yet and i would just LOVE to see everyone elses. anyone with pictures?? :)

Elkhart, IA(Zone 5a)

art-n-garden check out the perennial forum for peony pics...That will get you started until this one gets going.

Tiffin, OH(Zone 6a)

Don't know the names -just love them all- this one was sold as white but is the palest, most fragile pink you can imagine- to die for!!

Thumbnail by mwhit
Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Very pretty, do you remember the name?

Clanton, AL(Zone 8a)

I am new to growing peonies and mine is starting to emerge from the ground now. It is up about 4 inches and i am so excited about this. I will get pictures when possible. I got this one from a friend and i dont know if it will bloom this year since it has been transplanted. The one thing i am happy about is that is survived the winter as well as being transplanted. Robbie

Southwestern, OH(Zone 6b)

Here is a picture of one of my dark pink bushes.

Name is buried somewhere.

I had so many pictures of my flowers that crashed with my old computer. My fault for not burning to a cd. I won't make that mistake again!

Thumbnail by Melissa_Ohio
Clanton, AL(Zone 8a)

My friend game another peony this past weekend and i am excited to see how it does now. It was sprouting some but she gave it to me anyway and i have planted it and am excited to see them bloom if they will do so this year. Robbie

Quebec, QC(Zone 4b)

Hi, let me show you my peonies collection. I just want to excuse my bad
english, I live near Québec city.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v377/Libi/?action=view&slideshow=true

This message was edited Jan 30, 2007 11:01 AM

OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA(Zone 4b)

Thank you for the beautiful show! They are all lovely

Indianapolis, IN(Zone 5b)

You have a lot of peonies! I especially like the reds and pinks. It was fun seeing things in French, too. en boutons = buds. Oooh, I'm good! LOL!

Suzy

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Libi, what is the name of the pink peony, herbacous or tree? Forgot to look at the leaves.
Picture is one of the peony's that my DH aunt gave me 49 yrs. ago. She had them for many yrs. previous also.

Thumbnail by Maxine
Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

My favorite was the shot with the wood fence in front. You look like you have a very peaceful spot there.

Quebec, QC(Zone 4b)

Thank you ! Peony are the queens in my garden.

Let me tell you , my english is not very well, so excuse me if I make some mistakes.

Maxine, The rose is Kamata Nishiki, tree peony. Is it Bowl of Beauty, with Baptisia australis?

Magnolialover, The name of your favorite is Mr GF Hemerik, japanese peony.

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

Libi, Your English is fine ;) and your gardens beautiful!

Quebec, QC(Zone 4b)

Thanks you magnolialover ! :)

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Don't worry about your english. Most of us if we're honest, have trouble with some of the words and their meanings!
At least I do.

Peony "Red Charme"

Thumbnail by Maxine
Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 6a)

Beautiful pictures Libi! And I think you're pretty good at growing peonies too!!
Thank you for sharing them. And don't worry about your english here- we're family!

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

I love seeing the pictures this time of year!

Thumbnail by sterhill
Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

I like this one, unfortunately, I don't remember the name.

Thumbnail by magnolialover
Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

Or how about this one? Aren't peonies just gorgeous?

Thumbnail by magnolialover
Quebec, QC(Zone 4b)

Magnolialover,
the first one is perhaps Athena, the second it is itoh Bartzella ?

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

These were both taken in Roger Anderson's Fields (famous peony hybridizer) before he sold much of his stock. I can't wait until the 5 years passes and he can jump back into hybridizing again. He had some lovely works, Barzella one of the finest. I just purchased and planted Bartzella last fall. One of those plants I just can't wait to see come up, even if it just graces me with just ONE blossom this year... Here's to hoping.....

Quebec, QC(Zone 4b)

Itoh peony's are very expensive again. My favorite is Hillary.
Perhaps, one day !!!!

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

magnolialover - that first one is breath taking!

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

I'm a sucker for the salmon colored ones as well as the yellows. The Hawaiian(Pink Hawaiian Coral etc) ones are some of my favorites. The above two are ITOHs, that I am certain.
Libi, Hillary is a beautiful choice. Also I got my Bartzella from Solaris Farms, they have begun a peony program and I'd say they have some of the most resonable stock out there. solarisfarms.com

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Mags, those are beautiful!!! Ok, here are a couple of mine from last year. Last year wasn't be best year for peonies for me, but anyway....

This was Tree Peony Yagumo

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

This is peony Red Charm..

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

This is Buckeye Bell

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

This one is one of my favorites, Silver Shell..

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

This should be Raspberry Parfait

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

This one is Mrs. Franklin D. Roosevelt

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

This last one is Prairie Afire... not a very good picture of it tho...

Thumbnail by Ticker
Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Peony "Roselete"

Thumbnail by Maxine
OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA(Zone 4b)

Keep 'em coming! Beautiful!

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

Ticker, I love your shots, especially that of Prairie Afire!
Beautiful pictures and peony time will be upon us very soon again. Thnak you all for brightening up my day with your photos.

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Has anyone planted them in Spring before? My neighbor wants to trade a white for her red ones. We didn't get around to it last fall.
Teresa in Ky

Thumbnail by bluegrassmom
Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Libi Post #3138108 What a treat to see your collection. I was taking notes while the show was on and then I saw that all the information was listed on the contact sheet. Beautiful and very helpful. I want to add some red ones to my garden and perhaps that yellow. Ticker Post #3147431 Buckeye Bell, I love this red. Thanks Patti

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

bluegrass -I have planted from a pot from a nursery in the spring and it did fine, bloomed the next year and so on. The preferred planting time is fall, so the plant gets a chance to settle in before it's spring debut. I have to be honest in saying that Buggy Crazy is offering some peonies this spring that were priced great and unique, so I am going to try spring planting myself this year ;)

Quebec, QC(Zone 4b)

The new addition Autumn 2007 Petite élégance
This message was edited Feb 2, 2007 10:13 AM

This message was edited Feb 2, 2007 10:15 AM

Thumbnail by Libi
Quebec, QC(Zone 4b)

This is Lavender for autumn 2007.
This message was edited Feb 2, 2007 10:13 AM

This message was edited Feb 2, 2007 10:16 AM

Thumbnail by Libi

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.