tomato killer!

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

I've been gardening for 30 years, raising tomatoes and lots of other wonderful plants. I have a yard full of STUFF. So how come this year, I have no tomatoes??? I put them in the coldframe, and left the glass down - 4 of them cooked. Two nights later, I left the glass up, the rest of them froze! Anybody got any extra little 'mator plants for a confessed tomato killer???????

Kathleen

Battle Creek, MI(Zone 5B)

Kathleen,

I still have quite a few toms that need good homes. I've given away about 30 to co-workers. LOL, I think everyone who wants a tomato has one. I started these from seed this winter and CANNOT bear to throw them in the compost pile. I'd be very happy to send you a few for the price of priority mail. I sent a few to another person here and because I kept them in their peat pots with the soil starter in tact the price is higher than normal. 5.55 if I'm remembering correctly. (Of course I'll double check if you are interested.)

Most of the things I'm growing are heirlooms and can't be found in the stores (At least not here in Michigan)

Here's what I have left:
Large Red Cherry-- Unkown Cultivar-- seeds from my Grandpa
Cherokee Purple
Manitoba
Watermelon Beefsteak
Rutgers
Mortgage Lifter
Sub-Arctic Plenty
and
4th of July (hybrid)

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

hi Theresa,

I'd love some. I'll send you an email.
Kathleen

Port Huron, MI(Zone 5b)

Hi Theresa_B,
Sandy here, sure hope you'll be saving and sharing seed this year.I'm getting a GH up this year and would like to start growing some heirlooms next year
Sandy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.