tips on using propogation mat

camp verde, AZ(Zone 8a)

Just ordered a propogation mat today. I have never used one or know nothing about them. Any tips or advise. thanks david

Tellico Plains, TN(Zone 7b)

Get yourself a little instant read thermometer in the cooking do-dads aisle. Most seeds like 70° - 75° , so you can check the temps of the soil once in a while even if the mat has it's own thermostadt.

Schriever, LA(Zone 9a)

David,
I am thinking about ordering one also. Where did you order from?

camp verde, AZ(Zone 8a)

ladibug, go to farmtek. com they have some nice mats and some other nice greenhouse equipment at good prices. I came across one of their catalogs at our local feed store and was surprised at some of yhe stuff they offer. go to their web site and order their catalog. they also have online shopping.

Olathe, KS(Zone 6a)

I love using heat mats but they tend to run a little hot. Get yourself a thermometer and watch it, otherwise you may end up w/ a moldy mess. I have to put spacers under my flats/on top of the mats to keep temps down. Pencils turned out to be the perfect spacer for me. Since flats are so flimsy, you have to use several lined up inna row otherwise the flats sag and everything gets too hot. That's my 2 cents anyhow;)
Goodluck, JD

Navarre (NW FL), FL(Zone 8b)

Not to knock on Farmtech cause they really do have some awesome stuff but I found these mats and thermostats both cheaper at Discount Hydroponics. Here is their link. http://www.discount-hydro.com/cloning.asp I too am looking into getting some heating mats and have searched high and low. This is the absolute cheapest price I have found. I called them on the phone and the seem really helpful. I've haven't actually ordered from them yet so I can't really give any info on their customer service. Good luck and if anyone has found these cheaper anywhere else I sure would like to know.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.