Note to self:

Columbia, SC(Zone 8a)

January may be too early to start moonvine :)

Thumbnail by LindaSC
Saucier, MS(Zone 8b)

Been there, done that. Talk about a mess int GH. Vines everywhere. We all get eager
with a few warm days.

Honeybee

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

I did this last year with my air potato and had to keep cutting it off for about a month. Those things and moon vines can grow like crazy in a short amount of time. Yep, me too....been there, done that.

smithton, MO(Zone 5a)

oh boy do i know the feeling...i have mg(i know it was way too early to start them, too late now)that i had to put stakes in today....they were starting to vine around each other....:)

next year ill wait...lol

cindy

Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

me too! I staked my mg last night. lol I figure I have about a week before I have to re-stake. :)
Won't make that mistake next year. Last year it was nasturtiums. Man can they grow!

Columbia, SC(Zone 8a)

At least I only started a few seeds (the things that one will do in the winter) and have more to start later.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

My personal favorite was the year I did these, MG, Cobea and hyacinth beans too early. When I say the basement looked like a jungle, ummm, it is not a joke. LOL

Columbia, SC(Zone 8a)

Moonvine has now exceeded 4'

Thumbnail by LindaSC
Columbia, SC(Zone 8a)

Looks like it's getting ready to bloom.

Thumbnail by LindaSC
Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

lol! I had some problems last year with a vine (cup and saucer) I didn't stake it when it was little and when I tried to unwind it to move it outside, it wasn't pretty!! However! moonvine is tough. I wouldn't have thought it would bloom for you, I had a heck of a time getting them to bloom outside!

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7a)

Can I get some feedback on how tasty moonvine might be to rabbits, please. They went after my Jasmine last year, but still have some left. Also, I really love Sweetpeas.....but not sure how rabbits like them. We live out on three acres so rabbits rule most of the time. Our tomatoes last year survived in a wired box that the terminator couldn't have gone through, but I really hate to have to do that with everything. Anyone know of some good rabbit repellents that may work? Thanks!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.