How do I germinate a Rangoon Creeper seed?

Mesilla Park, NM

I put the ones I received in a pot and it has been over a month. What was I supposed to do to them, they were huge and I thought I would just try winter sowing them, but I think they rotted. Any advice out there for me, should I take some of them out of that pot and do something else with them?

markleysburg, PA(Zone 5a)

Gourd Where did you locate these if I may ask?? Have been looking for some SHirley

Mesilla Park, NM

Hi Shirley, got them from a nice lady in Florida in a trade on GWeb. I don't know if she is still there or not. Do you know how to germinate them?

markleysburg, PA(Zone 5a)

No I dont I was taken by the name when I tried to trade for thembefore (but they were all gone) and did a google on them and decieded Id like to have some but never see anyone with them to trade.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

I found this old thread that might have a little information that you can use. http://davesgarden.com/t/173880/Rangoon+Creeper

Mesilla Park, NM

Thank you Brugie, I guess I will get them out and knick, and soak them.. it is a good thing they are in a pot and handy.. Otherwise I would never find them again.

Marclay, the lady I had traded with just sent them to me as a surprise.. (she knew I was a vine nut), she did send alot of them and they are huge, but, I poured them all into that pot, so I am going to see whats going on with them.. will update here. Marclay you may have to repost your wants on the seed exchange maybe someone has some left.

I forgot to add that this is also called "Drunken Sailer", maybe we could find it under that.

This message was edited Feb 22, 2004 10:35 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.