Casablanca Lily

Columbia, SC(Zone 8a)

This is the stem of my Casablanca Lily. Are these baby plants? and if so, how do I treat them?

Thumbnail by LindaSC
Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

IHughes, check this link and they put it quite simply. http://hortiplex.gardenweb.com/plants/jour/p/23/gw1091223/page.html

Columbia, SC(Zone 8a)

Has anybody done this? What exactly should I do?

click on the word "hyperlink", or if you mean starting new babies of the lily, just clip them off the main plant with a sterile clipper/knife and plant the baby in potting soil. Hope this helps,
Molly

I do this sort of thing all the time with my kalanchoes. They have babies the same way.

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

those baby plants are called bulbills. take each one of them, place in a potting soil. they will grow nicely, but u need to wait about 2-3 yrs before they bloom for u. sorry just found this. hth.

Columbia, SC(Zone 8a)

Thanks for your help. How big do they need to be before you remove from the parent plant?

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

u can do it now, if u can. when the weather get warmer, feed them like u would a regular lilium.

i use superphosphate granules when i change the potting soil each spring. once a week, i foliar feed the w/ MG 15-30-15 once a week. superphosphate in my area, is only available in local nursery. i do not know if Lowes sell them. there are none in HD or Walmart in my area.

when Fall comes, allow the leaves to turn yellow naturally. stop feeding only when the leaves turn brown or dried.

feeding them now till fall will help form a good bulb. after a few years, they should bloom for u.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.