is it raining

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

all over the world? It sure seems like it. It has been raining here for weeks, I think I have cabin fever. *sigh* come on spring, i know it is just around the corner....

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Sun is shining, shining, shining today, Lisa. But it is also 36 degrees, so there's a trade-off.

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Lisa, it's shining here too and the temp is 82.....but it's so windy I can't pot my plants that I bought at HD yesterday. Don't fret though, when I'm holed up in my apt this summer with the AC, you will be out with all your beautiful plants. Then I will have the cabin fever (LOL)
Pati

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

Lisa, we usually get the rain here first, then send it over to you (sorry!) After finally getting some time off from the rain, we've got rain again today... and probably some every day for the next four days. I still had spots in my backyard yesterday that "oozed" water when you stepped on it. There are 25 bags of composted, organic, humus in my entryway at the front of the house, because it's too muddy at the side to take my garden cart back & forth to get it where it needs to go. Maybe I should just carry them one by one through the house to the back...

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Sure, if it's a straight shot thru to the back door!!

"eyes"

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

No rain here today Lisa, just bright sunshine all day. Maggiemoo, I would just carry them through the house, it might be easier than using the cart even when it does dry out. Besides, you would be doing something and that is good for your head.

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

MaryE, yes, I guess you're right. In fact, I guess the exercise wouldn't hurt, either. Now I have to wait for the rain to stop (again!) so I'll be able to use it in the back. Or, I'll have to break down and clean out the garage (another thing that wouldn't hurt) to make room for it there until the backyard can dry out a bit.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

The rain is on its way here today and for most of the week
GOOD BYE SNOW!

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

The weather man reported this a.m. that we had 8.something inches of rain just for the month of Feb. we are at 11.something for the year so far. Not even in the top 5 wettest Feb. recorded. I hope we don't have a soggy spring.

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

Yes, that's the challenge of gardening on the Upper Texas/Louisiana Gulf Coast. Our plants have to be able to survive excessively wet, then excessively dry, then excessively wet conditions. Throw in the high heat, and it becomes a real challenge. On the bright side though, is that the high humidity (even when we are experiencing a drought) keeps us from wrinkling as much, so we look MUCH younger than we really are! :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.