Wow!!! Prize from Horseshoe's Contest

GOD's Green Earth, United States(Zone 8b)

Horseshoe -- I left you a note at mail call. Thank you so much. If you missed it, Horseshoe had a contest earlier this week that I won -- YEAH! Here is my great prize! I love it!!!

Gretchen

Thumbnail by Kaufmann

Here you can see all the neat things contained in the box.

Thumbnail by Kaufmann
County Roscommon, Ireland(Zone 8a)

That's really nice!

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Now that is a PRIZE!! What a thoughtful thing to do. That Shoe is a prize too!! ô¿ô

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Congratulations Gretchen...a very handy prize! :)

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Yay! It got there fast! (Just saw your mail call note. Thanks!)

Enjoy it!

(Had I known at the time I mailed it folks that Gretchen has two acres to play in I would've sent many more seeds along!)

edited cus I was in a hurry. typo!

This message was edited Feb 13, 2004 4:14 PM

Payneville, KY(Zone 7a)

Gretchen, I have grown both the Mortgage Lifters and the Lemon Cucumbers. They are both wonderful. At the market, we get a lot of people that ask what the lemon cukes are as they really do somewhat look like a lemon. The odd thing is you sort of expect them to taste like a lemon, but they taste like a cuke...:) Enjoy, what a nice gift Shoe. Geez, now I wish I'd picked to be part of the competition. Actually I had a lot of fun helping you. :) Kathy P.S. Where can I find a Seed Saver Kit?

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Darn, Kathy, I thought you and Ralph probably saved seed in much bigger bulk (like I do) than what would fit in this kit.

The company (Potting Shed Creations) is a wholesale company but at this link you can put in your zip code and find a retail store near you that sells their products.
http://www.pottingshedcreations.com/Webpages/near.htm

Payneville, KY(Zone 7a)

Actually Shoe, we usually buy our seed because we have so much to get and sell all that we grow. Yes, we should start saving seed, but don't always have the time to do it, you understand. Occasionally, we run across something that someone else has and that seed saver kit would be neat. I dream of the day when we have a garden for just ourselves, ha, ha... I will check out that website, thanks for the info. We do save seed from heirlooms that we know are hard to buy. ;) Kathy

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Kathy, (and others), because of your interest I emailed the company to see if I can purchase from them wholesale. If I hear a positive response back I'll holler. Those really are neat little kits.

Ewing, KY(Zone 6a)

What a nice prize. That would be great to collect pollen in if you hybridize.

Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

Congrats Gretchen..that is a unique little kit..

Horseshoe..what a Guy!!!! You sure know how to share the fun.

Crossville, TN

Dang! That kit would be great to put little bitty beads in....WAAAAH I want one. Jo

Cochrane, ON(Zone 2b)

Way to go Gretchen. Leave it to 'Shoe to come up with such a great prize.

It really is neat! I can't wait to fill 'er up!

San Jose, CA(Zone 9b)

What a great prize and a good time had reading back over the contest thread! What we gardeners will do for fun when we can't play in the dirt! Thanks for your creativity, Horseshoe!
~Angela

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

How fun that was to read! LOL I saw yall gettin excited, and I felt like I had to read faster and faster! Congratulations Gretchen!
Shoe! What a sweetheart you are! I would also be interested in those cukes, specially since I saw "deLish" on there! :o)

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

I'm new - just saw your fun night! You people are too much!

You can find the Seed Savers Kits at Seeds of Change...and far too many other fun items! Talk about unique seeds --- who new?

Sequee -- welcome to Dave's Garden -- this place is addictive and you'll love it here :)

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Since I joined a week or so ago, I've gotten little else done! I guess it's the time of year for everything to be going to seed anyway, eh?

I'm finally beginning to learn my way around. It must be a bit annoying when new people start and ask the questions that have been asked and answered so many times before! At least I finally discovered "search" - duh!

Thanks for the welcome!

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

A bigtime hearty WELCOME TO DG, Sequee!!

We all encourage you to ask questions as well as offer statements, opinions, feedback, etc. There are very very few annoyances at DG. (For me, anyway!)

Maybe this winter I should come up with another contest? We'll need something to do when/if we sink into the doldrums, eh?

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

I wouldn't want anyone to think that I'm obsessive compulsive or anything, but... I just got rid of most of the furniture in my sunroom so I can enlarge my winter garden this year. Last year I did eggplant, peppers, herbs, and tomatoes, with only limited success on the tomatoes. In fact, by April it was so claustrophobic in here that I made the decision to put the tomatoes out. Of course we had a freeze the next night and (I thought) I lost them all. I tossed the pots into the "jungle" and forgot about them. A couple of months later I was mowing the lawn and spotted some "red stuff" where none had been the year prior. Low and behold, the Whopper had about a down nice-sized tomatoes just begging to be picked and the MS5 Cherry had several dozen just beginning to ripen. (And this scrawny plant is STILL producing, 3 months later!) So, out comes the wheelbarrow and off we go, wobbling across the lawn to the planting area - me with the biggest, dumbest, grin you've EVER seen. I was serving nice garden fresh tomato salad for 4th of July. Not bad! (Except when you consider that I'd initially planted the seeds indoors in mid-October '03! Small wonder I was sick of seeing those babies by that time!) Hey, if they hang out a bit longer, they may celebrate their 1 year anniversary!

PS - I would NEVER have won your contest...not the sharpest tack on the strip, I guess!

PPS - I am patiently awaiting my Seed Starter Kit. They were sold out, but promised a delivery...any day now!

PPPS - My little doggy just jumped on the table and ran off with a jalepeno in his mouth. How much you wanna bet he regrets that move any second now???

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

HAH!....Po po little doggy!!!

Love the fact that you have a sunroom (w/no furniture!)! I know you must enjoy it tremendously!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.