brug seeds

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

I had ordered some RW cubes from Portland OR firm last week. They arrived yesterday. Before that I had peeled brug seeds left over from last year, after soaking them. Since i didn't have the RW cubes yet, I followed advice from here and put them in moist paper towels in baggies. Put on top of my fridge for 3 days then decided it wasn't warm enough there so took them out to greenhouse and put over heat mat, the kind with raised wire.

Yesterday after the RW cubes arrived I moistened them and put the strips over water mat in non-drip flat. Then put a sprouted seed ( some had beginning roots) in each hole in the cube. Only planted 10 each of three varieties, know I won't have room for more than that. Covered all with clear cover and placed over the heat mat. Donna

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Sprouts already, Donna? Sounds like you'll have plenty of seedlings before you know it! Let us know how they do for you.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Wow, they sure sprouted fast for you. Hope they continue to grow and will show you lots of blooms later this summer. Congrats!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.