problem with postage

County Roscommon, Ireland(Zone 8a)

Advice needed please. I have just done my first seed exchange but had to include a self addressed and stamped envelope. I am from Ireland and was sending to America but cannot attach Irish stamps to the SAE. In the end I had to enclose dollars in cash as a money order was going to cost me an extra 4 euro on top of the postage. What does everyone else do? Your advice would be much appreciated.

Sue

You could get International Reply Coupons but they will only count towards the cost of sending a letter back to you and are quite expensive. Next time perhaps you could offer an alternative? Something from Ireland maybe that isn't common in whatever country you're trading with, but what it is, well that's purely between you and the person trading.

Thanks Baa. There would definitely be no problem with trading. This was a situation where people send seeds to one location and each get different seeds back. It was my first time doing this and I didn't realise how tricky it would be. In fact my first seed trade ever.

Sue

markleysburg, PA(Zone 5a)

Hi Sue That exchange worked well with me and that is what I do with most of my trades overseas is enclose dollars. I tried to get an international reply done at PO the other day and two postmasters had never heard of it. And that probably will happen in rural areas of this country. People have things they collect also-for me it is postcards and I would gladly send the trade along for a couple postcards.

Thanks Shirley. I was very pleased with our transaction which was my first ever. I am happy to send dollars and there doesn't seem to be any other way money wise. What sort of postcards do you collect?

Sue

markleysburg, PA(Zone 5a)

Any of pastoral scenes. I was coming to Ireland at Christmas 2001 and then 9/11 happened and I didnt get there so my daughter and I planned on coming Christmas 2002 and I ended up having the heart attack and surgery so I want to come next fall now. I want to vist western Ireland and some of the old castle and abbey sights. We will stay a week and just drive around-not much interested in large cities but willsee dublin Im sure.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.