crops

markleysburg, PA(Zone 5a)

Hello midwestern farmers. Question about the crops this year in midwest. Several years ago I responded with a national disastr agency to the flooding in the dakotas which really adversely impacted planting and caused a lot of heartache for the farmers there. I was in Minot and Devils Lake and Garrison and Bottineau. Has the area recovered and is this years rains keeping the crops out of the ground again. My hear t goes out to the american farmer who struggles with Massive "gardening" problems the rest of us can only imagine when we are growling about drought and too much rain. We are having rain for the third week and I thought about the Dakota farmers yesterday when I was griping about not being able to harrow my beds for planting.Anyone out there from those areas>

This thread has 5 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!