World's Smallest Mango Tree

Rockledge, FL(Zone 10a)

If you ask anyone from the West Indies the name of their most favorite or best Mango, the answer is going to be "Julie", always.

Julie (previously known also as St. Julie) is a relatively dwarf variety of Mango that is sweet, juicy with a nice flavor. Unfortunately, it does have a good amount of fiber.

Age = 2 years
In a 3-gallon Pot = 14 months
Height = 11 inches

Attached is a photo of the world's smallest(11") blossoming Mango tree in a pot.

Thumbnail by Thaumaturgist
Covington, LA(Zone 8b)

Do you know where this plant can be bought? I would like to try it in GH.

Rockledge, FL(Zone 10a)

JULIE Mango tree can be found in any nursery that sells tropical fruit trees, here in Florida. Sorry, do not know
about your area. But it certainly will grow well in your GH.

It attains a maximum height of no more than 10 to 12 ft and profusely fruits.

Mine is still in the same pot growing in neglect and is now
about 16 inches tall full of Mango blossoms.

I plan on posting few photos within the next few days.

Thanks.

This message was edited Jan 23, 2004 11:10 AM

Covington, LA(Zone 8b)

Will they grow from cuttings or do they have to be grafted? If they do grow from cuttings, would you have any cuttings for trade? I havent seen them here and dont see them online, I really really want one of these.

barrington, IL(Zone 5a)

can you grow one from the seed out of the fruit?

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

Ive read you can grow them from seed out of the fruit,but, the fruit is not true to the parent and instead of getting a sweet juicy mango, you get a fiberous, bitter fruit. From what Ive read you need a grafted tree in order to get a good fruit.

Homestead, FL(Zone 10b)

The following link lists other dwarf mango trees. Some of them are virtually fiberless. http://www.fairchildgarden.org/horticulture/mangotrees.html

The following is a link showing my three mango trees (Carrie, Icecream, and Glenn) in bloom.
http://davesgarden.com/t/418237/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.