Another newcomer would like to say hello!

Arcadia, CA

I joined Dave's Garden just a few months ago and I really appreciate the variety of subjects to explore. I live in Arcadia, So. Cal. and grow veggies in a raised bed and in containers and am trying to fight a losing battle with giant white flies in my hibiscus plants. They've done in one but the 3 left seem okay at the moment.

I enjoy everyone's helpful comments and friendliness. It's great to hear about gardening around the country. Enjoyed the hints on clothes drying outdoors as we have rolling blackouts on and off. I also love crafts and thanks to everyone who's sent in all of those great ideas.

I haven't explored everything yet but I'm looking forward to doing so.

Many thanks from Moniker

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Welcom to DG! We will be meeting you in the forums and look forward to new ideas!

Welcome to DG, Moniker! We have lots of folks from your neck of the woods - you may find a lot of them in the Xeriscaping forum.

Dave

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Moniker welcome to our favorite place to be when were not in our gardens were in davesgarden!! I hope you have fun here-we are!!! just jump right in and enjoy all the forums and the live chats a riot too!
glad you found us-welcome from Michigan,
im dori-notmartha

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Welcome to DG, Moniker! Thanks for sharing a little about yourself here - like Dave said, I think you'll find some "neighbors" around here (of course, DG makes us all kind of "neighbors" in a virtual sense!)

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Welcome! I hope you will enjoy DG as much as I do! I LOVE it here!!!!

This message was edited Wednesday, Jun 13th 5:15 PM

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Welcome Moniker - trust me when I say you will grow to love and appreciate the friends you are going to meet here. :-)

Crestview, FL(Zone 7b)

Removed by member request

Arcadia, CA

Thanks to all of you who sent a welcome email! It's great to know there are so many friendly gardeners out there who seem to be very talented and knowledgable about all phases of gardening. I am enjoying Dave's Garden very much. To MzMunchkin...yes I have tropical hibiscus. The giant whiteflies came up from Mexico and although they've released a wasp which is a natural predator, about the only thing we can do is blast them off with water and use yellow sticky traps. They like Birds of Paradise as well as some other shrubs apparently. I hope they stay out of Florida.

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

I just re-read your post, and want to suggest you look at the plant trade forum for Shoo Fly plants... they are reputed to repel white flies.

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

Hi Moniker..
I'm happy to say hello to a new member...welcome :)
Trish

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Well hello neighbor Moniker.

I am Donna from SoCal also, I live in Huntington Beach. So glad to see another Ca. member, welcome.

Those darn whiteflies are really causing havoc here in So.Ca. I don't even dare to plant anymore hibicus, and they seem to be enjoying other plants as well...even my Brugmansia and Cannas.

Donna

Austin, TX(Zone 8a)

Hi Moniker - happy to meet you!

Welcome Moniker' Hope ya like it here so many knowledgable and fun folks' Sis''

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Howdeeee!!! That's your official welcome to DG from the Lone Star State. We are
all neighbors here, and we're so glad you are here with us.

Jerrie

Circleville, OH(Zone 8b)

A big Ohio welcome coming your way with a BLH to boot. happy Gardening, Mike

Durham, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

hi and welcome moniker from me in the u.k. ;D

lil

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.