Will have: Passion vines (taking spring orders)

hiram, GA(Zone 7b)

I had P. Incarnata in Texas, and it was beautiful. It covered anything and everything, including the yard that it could touch. If I get one this time, It'll definitely be a controlled container plant. It got out of hand and took over everything.

back2back; they also cause physical damage

Cleveland, OH(Zone 5b)

I'd like to be put on the waiting list please.

Social Circle, GA(Zone 8a)

Me 2! :0)

N.C. Mts., NC(Zone 6b)

Please put me on the waiting list too.

Summerville, SC(Zone 8b)

Please put me down for two on your Waiting List,
Thanks So Much! Stephanie

Brooklet, GA(Zone 8a)

i got you all down. i will try my best to fill all orders.

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

Janet
If you need more please let someone else have mine as I have been lucky enough to aquire about 8 new types of vine seeds to grow this year and am in no rush. If you are able to fill all request I would be glad to have one.

Mesilla Park, NM

Hello, please add me to your list.. Thank you..Antoinette

Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

Janet: like Donna I already have a lot of new vines for the coming year. Please give mine to the next person on the waiting list.

Delisa

Brooklet, GA(Zone 8a)

done

Garner, NC(Zone 7a)

I'd love some...if Im too late thats ok.....
thanks for reading this
hugz
lexy

Brundidge, AL(Zone 8b)

I would like two if you have enough

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

I thought I was crazy! I posted here for a couple of plants and then couldn't find the thread again. I'm so glad to see new postings here so I could find it again. Now I have it marked PLUS I'm putting it in my trade-tracker.

Saucier, MS(Zone 8b)

Hey Janet, are you coming to the AL/FL. Round-Up?? Would love to meet you.

Honeybee

Brooklet, GA(Zone 8a)

pins you were #5.

honeybee i wish i could. we are still thinking about it but it is a 400 plus miles oneway for me. so we are trying to see if we can get it together to stay the night.

Saucier, MS(Zone 8b)

Great!! Love to met you. I am
3 1/2 hours away, but I AM GOING!! I missed last years, so
I'll be there this year.

Honeybee

8 miles from Athens, OH(Zone 6a)

jcf, please tell me how you obtain these. I have one passion flower in front of my house. Every year many, many runners make shoots which, unfortunately, pop up in the yard. These babies then get cut down by the mower. I would like to see if I can save a few of these babies, see if I can restart them elsewhere, but I just don't know how to do it without hurting the parent or making the babies live.

Brooklet, GA(Zone 8a)

darleen, all i do is dig down where a shoot pops up. you must dig deep because the roots are very deep. at least 1ft down. i pull it out and if you can get just one small piece of root it will grop. i then pot these up and keep them watered and in about 3 weeks they have enough roots to be transplanted or sent out to others. it is alot of work considering i usually mail out anywhere from 50 to 200 a year but i enjoy doing it and sharing with my friends here at daves.

Helena, AL(Zone 7b)

If you have any extras I would appreciate some. Thanks

Bethelridge, KY(Zone 6a)

Am I too late? Hope not! If not, please put me down for a couple. :O)

Thanks!!!

The method seems simple enough. I will try it. Do you have a particular time of year to gather roots that seem to be best for survival?? If I AM successful, I'll post like you have done jcf to share with others. :-)

Brooklet, GA(Zone 8a)

once the plants sprout to be visible i dig as they become available.

big red and bamasharon i will add you to the waiting list. will let you know around april if aavailabe

Fort Dodge, IA(Zone 4b)

Would love to be on the waiting list also!
Thanks!

Thank you so much for this info, jcf! Come June I will certainly give your procedure a try! If it works for me hopefully I will return to Dave's in July with babies to share.

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

I have at least 10 var. of these seeds.Can you help me and tell me how to start the seeds.What does it take to germinate them? How long do they take to germinate? Temps? ect. It looks like you have a lot to do, but if you have the time.Please I want them all over my house.LOL. Thanks, Jody

Brooklet, GA(Zone 8a)

i have never grown them ffrom seed. they sprout up all opver my garden in the spring. i can send you some then for postage. also go to propagation thread and post there.

Woodburn, OR(Zone 8a)

Janet I'm on the list from last year but if the postage costs are more this year let me know and I'll send it right away. oh gosh, I'm totally crazy for passi's!!

Brooklet, GA(Zone 8a)

not ready for postage yet. will let you know when to send

west allis, WI(Zone 4b)

I'd be interested in 2 please if there is any left.

virginia beach, VA(Zone 8a)

i'd like to get a couple too...just let me know when stamp time is...
thanks,
cristina

Ashton, IL(Zone 5a)

Growing from seed:

I got some seeds in a round robin, soaked overnight in orange juice, planted. Waited 2 weeks, nothing happened. Took seeds back out from soil, soaked in concentrated lemon juice (all I had available),then I lost them for a week. When I discovered them I thought they wouldn't grow due to the week in their acid bath, but I took a chance & replanted. A few days later, they are sprouting. I guess they are tough little guys!
Eileen

Social Circle, GA(Zone 8a)

50-200 a year? wow! Hope it never gets old & tiring for you!

Melbourne, FL(Zone 9a)

i would like some if at all still available-- and if not would love to be on waiting list -- passion vines are sooo cool-- thanks

Your advice worked! I dug 'em up. Carefully at first. It was getting hot and daylight was waning so I wasn't so careful near the end. I gave 8 babies to coworkers and to my surprise all those little chunks I broke in my carelessness may have also sprouted. I put down soil in a window box dropped the broken pieces in and lo, I have sprouts! I'm saving one or two for my project. Thank you sooooo much for the advice!

Flat Rock, NC(Zone 7b)

I guess I'm too late for this, but I'd love to have some, maybe some of the rest of you who have some would be willing to trade. I have none yet, but would love to start collecting these. I do have an active & up to date trade list, so if any of you find anything I have you would like, I'll trade!

Livermore, CA(Zone 9a)

Oh shoot, I always seem to miss out on your wonderful offer. If you have any left, please let me know.

Patricia

Brookeville, MD(Zone 7a)

Can I please just have my priority stamp back? I emailed you but got no response.

Mifflintown, PA(Zone 6a)

janet I believe you have my postage stamp from last year ,would still like a couple,your choice. thanks

Shazbot3, jerodsmom and CaptMicha if you will be patient with me (I've never mailed plants out before) I will send you each a start. I will have to gather materials for mailing, read up on how it is done. Do not look for anything this or next week because I have to work and will not be able to do any of this until August. CaptMicha, you might want to see what others do to "keep" this plant over winter. I don't know what it will do with so little time to the fall in your area. But if youall are game, I'll give this a try. I owe it to my mentor, jcf!

I went outside to snap photos. Will try to send momentarily.

In the meantime, send me your address when you can.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.