seed catalogs

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

I do tend to get a little excited. But I still have to get the Greenhouse and then assemble it.
I printed off some improved upon instructions for this greenhouse. I've been studying it.

Stockton, MO(Zone 6b)

I placed my Pinetree Garden Seeds order Christmas night, can't wait to get it!

Kathy Jo, has your greenhouse been ordered, and did they give you an idea of how long it would take to get it to you?

Sue, there in zone 8, how soon can you put things out?
When we lived in Southern California, it was around the middle of January ("Course we didn't get a freeze at all).

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

Skyeblu, the only thing I know about my greenhouse so far is that my order is confirmed. I have heard it takes a while to get them.

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

skyeblu, Hmmm, the earliest I put anything out would probably be about mid-March....cabbage & broccoli. I start the seeds in mid February. I placed my Pinetree order too. I was surprised I received seeds from Parks already, I'm trying a new flower next year, the summer poinsetta. 'Aurora' (amaranthus tricolor)

KathyJo, make sure you post pictures of your new GH!

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

MaryE I got Coppra seeds because they work for you.

I also bought some Candy seeds mostly because my son has a liver and white springer named Candy. Candy is a sweetheart and good bird dog so why not? Ernie

Sue start counting it's almost onion time.Ernie

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Today's mail gave me a Seeds of Change catalog, a new one to me, so I'm going in by the fire to read about summer while something close to a blizzard rages outside. I can't decide if these seed companies know how to save our sanity or cause us to go nutty waiting for spring.

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

MaryE seed catalogs are a form of mental damage control and a test of temptation. Ernie

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

So far I have two. Jungs & Totally Tomatoes. Neither has the Show Me tomato seeds I want. I'll try the Morgan Company. Not too far for me and an elderly friend to drive to some spring day. My friend says she already has a bout 15 catalogs and her Pine Tree order is already here!I guess I need to get busy and order some catologs. But then I feel guilty if I don't order anything from each company. It costs them good money to print and mail out those catalogs. Sometimes the postage and handling is more than the seeds I order from each one. KathyJo, maybe I can go in with you on some orders?

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

Leaflady, I will let you know when I order more. I have already ordered from Pinetree and Morgan County Seeds. My Pinetree order is already here.
I have several more things I want to order so I will let you know.

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

I have a gazillon this is the way I get my winter fuel supply ha ha.

I have finished orders from H.P.S. , Vermont Bean and seed, Tomato Growers Supply, Totaly Tomatoes, Harris Seed and am now perusing Jungs. I need to get some stuff from Territorial but I think I will just have to wait on that my eyes are tired.

One of these lousy catalogs has a a different small bluish winter squash that I wanted to grow just for the color it would add to the squash pile but do you think I can find it now.

Someday when I grow up I am going to get better organized at least that what I keep telling myself. Do others of you suffer seed disorentia as I do or am I alone here?
Ernie

Caldwell, TX(Zone 8b)

I received an order of seed from Victory Seeds last week and also received the Burpee catalog last Friday.

So far I have received catalogs from:
Totally Tomatoes
Burpee
Johnny's Select Seed
Wilhite
Territorial
Parks

Jay

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

eweed, You are not alone.

Stockton, MO(Zone 6b)

Ernie, have you seen the squash that looks like a blue pumpkin? Wouldn't that be a cool addition to the usual orange ones at a farmers market.

This message was edited Jan 4, 2004 8:18 PM

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Skyeblu yes I saw it in a catalog and now can't find it .

I have to many catalogs but I will find it.

yes the sight would be pretty neat I took a truck load to work to give away this fall about seven types and that looked good enough to eat.Ernie

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Try looking for Jarrahdale :)

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

So far, I have ordered from the following online, by mail, or on the phone:

T's Flowers
Harvest Home
Chiltern Seeds
Silly Lily
Ed Hume
Swallowtail
Cook’s Garden
Johnny’s Seeds
Cottage Gardens
Territorial
Thompson & Morgan
Vesey’s
Park Seeds
Select Seeds
Stokes
DeGiorgi Seed
Pinetree
Secret Seeds
Home Harvest

I think I am just about done, except a small order to Burpee seeds. I do most of my seed shopping online, and all the sites are relatively easy. I use all the hard copy catalogs to get the order prepared then use the 'Quick Order' options. This works for most, but if you have a large order for Stokes or Secret Seeds, you'll probably lose all your data at check out.

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

So here I sit mostly done ordered from

H.P.S.
Vermont Bean and Seed
Tomatoe Growers supply
Johnny's
Jungs
Harris Seeds

What an ordeal I will get this done by Dec 1st next year. Hmm was that an echo I just heard.Ernie

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Ernie Many of these catalogs don't come out until after the first of the year, so we're stuck with it.

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Weez I know but this year I am going to keep all my catalogs and use themto order with not much chance of missing anything I really want.

Could turn awkward in a spot or two but I think it will work for me.

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

That's what I do, eweed. The catalog numbers remain the same from year to year, so you can get a head start by jotting down the numbers in advance from last year's catalog.

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

I recieved my order from Morgan County Seeds yesterday. Now to get my new little greenhouse assembled and start these seeds. Can't wait.

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

A new greenhouse! How exciting!

Stockton, MO(Zone 6b)

I got my order from Pine Tree last week. I'm sooo tempted to start something. (Somebody hold me back). I ordered another bottom heat mat, so I will have a fair sized area to start seeds. Right now it's the only heat I have in the GH.
Ernie, I saw those Jarrahdale squash in several catalogs. Bakers seed here in MO had quite a few different cool looking squash. Wish I could try them all!

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

I've been starting seeds in my basement for years, and I've always been too cheap to buy those heat pads! One year I took some of my planted flats over to a friend's house and we put them on top of her hot tub cover. Talk about a big heat pad! It was great!

Pine tree is a great little catalog. They have small packages at reasonable prices if you don't need a lot of seeds.

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Has anyone ever ordered from Gardensgreen? It looks like they sell Plants of Distinction seeds, and some pretty cool ones (Blue Nasturtium, Galtonia viridiflora, Dierama/Angel's Fishing Rods, 'Splashdown' Coleus, etc.): http://www.gardensgreen.com/

I'm sitting on my hands to keep from ordering more seeds. (I oughta be ashamed of myself for wanting any more, considering how stuffed my seedbox is right now, lolol!)

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Terry, I've got a tote the size of a laundry basket packed full of seeds, I've been spending days on end cataloging them, I'm awaiting yet more seeds on order, and I'll be darned if I'm going to jump right over to Gardensgreen.com and spend any more time and money....yeah, right... be right back! LOL!

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Sky found and ordered the blue squash I was looking for I will plant 1 summer type and 7 winter types this spring.

Weez and terry we seem to have the same problem now if either of you figure out how to keep organised please share. Ernie

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

I look at them all and think about what I might order and mark the pages, then I remember that I have no space left. :-(

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.