sprouted yucca seed

Mason, MI(Zone 5b)

I had done a deno with Yucca seed and I now have a sprout. Is the sprout to go down into the dirt or up? Thanks for helping a newer gardener.

Tellico Plains, TN(Zone 7b)

Your sprout,if it is the root goes down, and just barely cover the seed since it is already sprouted =)
What kind of yucca did you start. I did some Red Yucca ,aka False Yucca, just by poking the seed into another plants pot. Now that was a hard one....LOL
Shirley
§

This message was edited Nov 16, 2003 9:21 PM

Mason, MI(Zone 5b)

scooterbug, thank so much for the answer to the yucca. I am not sure what it is. I go to a chinese diner and there was a very large yucca and it had bunches of seed pods. The hubby asked if we could take some. He said yes and I got some and like a silly one, I done the deno thing and I didnt think it would work. But it did and I am so glad. I am kind of new to planting from seeds.

I don't think you are silly =)
..........This is all fun stuff that we learn from. I use deno for a lot of reasons, my fav is to check germination rate of seeds I've saved. Works like crazy, it's fast and no pots and soil mess. But I just hate throwing all the little seedlings away after I get my percentage count.... Catch ya later, Shirley
§

COLUMBUS, OH(Zone 6a)

Ok here's the silly ? What's deno?

COLUMBUS, OH(Zone 6a)

I found it !!! Guess I should have investigated before asking.

Mason, MI(Zone 5b)

TRESA here is a nice site that tells all about deno and how to start seed and when. It has many different forms on this one site that is real good. http://www.theseedsite.co.uk/
scooterbug thanks so much for all of your help.

This message was edited Nov 16, 2003 9:19 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.